Blessings in Disguise

Tools    

Something that at first appears as bad luck, but turns out to be something positive.

Most people experience at least one of these in their lifetimes.
WHAT IS YOUR BLESSING IN DISGUISE? Do they present mostly as isolated events or chain reactions?

Mine at the moment is job related. The company I work for will be shutting down the shop in which I'm contracted to work, and I'll find out early next month if they're placing me in another location, or they buy me out of my contract and I go look for something else. It's kind of funny it's shutting down, as the location is highly stressful and everyone including my pdoc said I have to get out of that location.

I'm not freaked out if it comes down to having to look for other work, except that I hate the process. I find it depressing, and I'm not looking forward to that. So I've been looking for signs to see if I can gauge which way it will go, as I'm curious. Are my days doing this line of work numbered? I do kind of hate it mostly. But I'm good at it. And this past week there's been a steady stream of extremely positive, and sometimes emotional come-backs among other signs, which could be a sign of me getting the thanks before I go, or, a sign that I'm to continue.

I'm curious which one it is.

This is definitely a blessing in disguise as no matter which way it turns out, I get out of that damn place. I would have wasted more years there

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
hey cat, nice thread idea!

yeah, i feel like a lot of people's blessings in disguise are probably things that happen to finally remove them from some horrible situation (like your job that you hate for example). like i think it was a blessing in disguise that my father left my mother with 2 small children to raise by herself, because the kids he did end up raising (my halfsies) were raised in a horrible, dysfunctional mess. i was thankfully spared that, because my mom did right by us and took care of us and armed us with what we'd need for adulthood. my dad does nothing but mess kids up, yet he can't stop having them. bleh.

anyway.... yeah, job changes suck. that and moving house are, like, the 2 most stressful situations adults have to deal with imo (like barring tragic stuff like cancer etc). anywho, you sound confident to me, and that's half of it right there. you also seem like a smart cookie. i feel like you've got this, whatever happens. good luck

Mine was coming here to good ole MoFo. A whole crazy chain of events happened on the old board that I use to inhabitant. People were bonafidely sadistic, as it was literately unmoderated, blood letting was the order of the day. One thing lead to another and finally it lead me here to MoFo paradise. Compared to that other place this is heavenly

I worked at Logan Airport from the age of 18 to 26. It was a dead end job and I had no motivation. I drank at work constantly and they knew it. One day I passed out on the luggage belt, and all the travelers saw me when the luggage and I came rolling out. That was the last straw as far as they were concerned. Because I was in a union, they had to give me the option of going into rehab so I could keep my job. I went to check myself into Salem Hospital. There were no beds available so they gave me the option of going into the psyche ward until one opened up. I wanted to stay employed so I said yes. After two days I said I'm getting the hell out of this nuthouse. I got a better job.

I've had many other blessings in disguise but I'd be here all day.

Last Friday, my Russian coworker texted me to ask what was happening with me since they let her know she's being let go. I heard nothing. Nothing today either until I texted my boss. She said I've been sent a letter to my home address as I was on leave last week. They're going to offer me another shop. I just don't know which one yet.

So the signs were pointing to me staying.

Last Friday, my Russian coworker texted me to ask what was happening with me since they let her know she's being let go. I heard nothing. Nothing today either until I texted my boss. She said I've been sent a letter to my home address as I was on leave last week. They're going to offer me another shop. I just don't know which one yet.

So the signs were pointing to me staying.
Good news and from what I've been able to gather it gets even better as they've also written to all of your regular arseholes customers telling them which one you'll be taking over

I should add that I've not been able to fully substantiate that rumour though. Or even partially if I'm honest.

Good news and from what I've been able to gather it gets even better as they've also written to all of your regular arseholes customers telling them which one you'll be taking over

I should add that I've not been able to fully substantiate that rumour though. Or even partially if I'm honest.
I was SO COUNTING on doing a disappearing act!!!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
None. I always either choose right and succeed, or choose wrong and f*ck up. Thankfully, I mostly choose right.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It'll be ok - I can't see many of them travelling all the way to Jönköping

That's actually the only concern left...where on earth they found place for me.
Hopefully I can help you breathe a sigh of relief - I have it on very good authority that there's a good chance it will be in Sweden

You can breathe a sigh of relief - I have it on very good authority that there's a good chance it will be in Sweden

Just got off the phone with my boss. Wow, I'm the only member of staff in this shop the company is keeping.

Just got off the phone with my boss. Wow, I'm the only member of staff in this shop the company is keeping.
Oooooo - you might become the new company mascot

Oooooo - you might become the new company mascot
I did cut my own hair and resemble a cross between catwoman's wild hairdo and little orphan Annie. SCREAMS MASCOT!!!

I did cut my own hair and resemble a cross between catwoman's wild hairdo and little orphan Annie. SCREAMS MASCOT!!!
I just meant 'cos you are a cat

Nothing is stopping you from doing that. You said you hate the work.

Nothing is stopping you from doing that. You said you hate the work.
Already mentioned what's stopping me.

except that I hate the process. I find it depressing, and I'm not looking forward to that.

Read it several times & I don’t understand what you mean. But, never mind, I have to move on.