Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You can’t compare living in Manhattan to living on the island. The main difference & the cause of many of your problems is driving on the island. I lived in midtown Manhattan & none of us drove a car. (I don’t even know how to drive.) I walked to the office & back for 10 years & maybe got in a car once or twice? Living in the city has its own stresses, of course (more so now than when I lived there), but not the same problems that you encounter.

I hate Manhattan even more than I hate Long Island, but that could go back to the driving issue because we usually drive into NYC when we go there. But Manhattan has more hustle and bustle, more noise, and more crime, so there are more reasons for me to hate it than just the driving. Plus, everything is so expensive in NY, especially in NYC.

Manhattan is horrible. Was filthy, noisy and full of sullen individuals rushing everywhere when I was there. Bit like London really, another hugely overrated place imo. Then again I'm not really much of a city person anyway .... unless it's Las Vegas where I don't mind the filth, noise and sullen individuals 'cos I'm only really interested in interacting with the cards, machines, dealers and cocktail lasses

I hate Manhattan even more than I hate Long Island, but that could go back to the driving issue because we usually drive into NYC when we go there.
Why people drive in Manhattan is beyond me. The island is less than 14 miles long & less than 3 miles across. Why don’t people lose their car keys just once in a while.

You ready? You look ready.
Tuna salad
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Why people drive in Manhattan is beyond me. The island is less than 14 miles long & less than 3 miles across. Why don’t people lose their car keys just once in a while.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I usually go to NYC when I'm working at a convention, so I have no choice but to drive there.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I usually go to NYC when I'm working at a convention, so I have no choice but to drive there.
There’s always the LIRR.

Are you still doing conventions, gbg?
What kind these days?

There’s always the LIRR.
LIRR isn't an option because when I'm working at a convention, I'm selling toys and collectibles, so I always have a truckload of product with me. I can't bring that on the train.

Are you still doing conventions, gbg?
What kind these days?
I'm not working at as many conventions as I used to, but I still do them when I can fit them into my schedule. Mostly comic and sci-fi conventions in NYC.

Digital signatures on (paper) correspondence. To me it's the height of ignorance.

Digital signatures on (paper) correspondence. To me it's the height of ignorance.
What is paper correspondence?

Can’t believe a fellow Brit didn’t pick up on my facetiousness there.
Perhaps I'm tired.

That's hot! Are you anywhere near Weed or Needles CA? I remember going there as a kid and it was so hot I couldn't wait to jump into the Motel 6 swimming pool.
No, Weed is quite a bit further north and Needles is much further south. Which basically means that it's hot AF all over California.

Every day you meet with a mass of unnecessary information. These are dozens of letters in your inbox, and completely abstract messages on the forums. I cannot unequivocally say that all this information is unnecessary and harmful, but 95% is just informational garbage that simply steals your time.

That's hot! Are you anywhere near Weed or Needles CA? I remember going there as a kid and it was so hot I couldn't wait to jump into the Motel 6 swimming pool.
As for me... I haven't had any Weed near me in decades (which is a bummer as the last attempt to de-criminalize in my state was shot down almost unanimously!)
And I've always stayed away from Needles (except for the 9 years as a kid when I had to go get allergy shots!)

The good thing is Intercourse, Pennsylvania is only a couple hours drive away!

When TV shows kill a major character without really killing the character. Like, the character dies, but then haunts the other characters or some such other nonsense. UGH.