Future Classics

Tools    

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of it... Maybe because I don't like it and don't consider it a classic? But, yes, that is one.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Honestly I agree about The Dark Knight trilogy fading after alot of years. Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises are okay films but in time they will fade. The Dark Knight is the only one I feel could end up being a classic.

Brokeback Mountain.
The Artist
The King's Speech
Avatar, love it or hate, it was a ground breaking film when comes to 3D.
Batman Series.

No way Avatar is going to be a classic. It's just a popcorn flick that rips off of so many other films. The special effects are literally the only decent thing about that film.If movies like that are going to be considered "classics" then my god that's sad.

No way Avatar is going to be a classic. It's just a popcorn flick that rips off of so many other films. The special effects are literally the only decent thing about that film.If movies like that are going to be considered "classics" then my god that's sad.
Agreed. I don't think any movie should be considered a classic if it's only strength is visuals. I had no desire to watch it again, I'd rather buy Pocahontas on Blu Ray!

This is a hard topic! How old does a movie have to be to be a classic anyways?
Assuming anything great before 2000 is already a classic, here goes:

LOTR Trilogy (no-brainer)
The Pianist
Sin City
Letters from Iwo Jima
Pan's Labyrinth
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Drive
Inception
The Dark Knight
Toy Story 3

I had to remove a few films that I loved, because "classic" is such a select group.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I don't think any movie should be considered a classic if it's only strength is visuals.
movie is basically the art of moving pictures and while cinematography may be not the greatest in Avatar,special effects do the trick.Ant overall,I think it's already too much talked about,so it will be remembered.Especially if there will be sequels.2001 is also remembered mostly because of the special effects.

Comparing 2001 to Avatar is not fair at all. 2001 changed motion pictures and the way we view films, and continues to be analyzed to this day.Avatar is a CGI fest and rips off the plot of Dances with Wolves and a heck load of other films.