What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

My favorite piece of classical music is Piano Concerto No. 3 Op. 39 by Sergei Rachmaninov.

Now With Moveable Parts
she's a frozen fire

she's my one desire

and I don't want to hold her down

don't want to break her crown

when she says, let's go

I like the nightlife baby

she says, let's go~

I'm listening to The Cars, Greatest Hits. It's so suave.

Morbida
I usualy only post at work, but while I am at work I jam to 98.9 the rock witch is a classic-hard rock station!

i'm listening to tori amos's "from the choirgirl hotel"

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Steve
i'm listening to tori amos's "from the choirgirl hotel"
Tori Amos...pfft.

C'mon, Sades--Tori rocks on Little Earthquakes and Under the Pink. Although I'd stay away from her earlier stuff, like Y Kant Tori Read. Me no likey that one.

I'm fixing to put on some MP3's right now.

Now With Moveable Parts
Naw. I only like a few songs. You're right though, her earlier stuff was just bitter rantin' and ravin' Yeah, yeah...I know what "happened" to her, so save me the sob story. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but gawddammit, she shoves in your face every chance she can.
I'm just not into her scene. Gimmie Sarah or Alanis any day and Natalie Merchant on Sundays.

I don't think anyone, even people who don't listen to her, doesn't know what happened to Tori. I was gonna put a Smilie there, but it seemed inappropriate. However, she has done a lot for rape awareness and all that.

Natalie Merchant... yes, I dig her. And Alanis, too--she used to be so angry.

Sarah, though--I only like a couple of her songs. She seems almost too much of prepackaged girlness to me.

Aw, yeah... the MP3's are smokin'--a lil' bit o' "Teenage Dirtbag," comin' atcha...

And then it was "Solsbury Hill," and now "Brick"...

I'll stop now.

Merchant's cool, but she suffers from "Green Day Syndrome." I like Alanis. Jagged Little Pill is just SICK. What an album. It's still good, after hearing it dozens of times. I think there was maybe one or two songs on there which I didn't really, really like. One of the first albums I ever bought, too.

Anyhoo, I've been listening to a lot of standup comedy lately while cruisin' around the boards. Sean Cullen is dominating my eartime right now. He's too funny for words.

"Green Day Syndrome"?

BTW, Chris, the "sick" made me laugh--adequately describes me at this moment. Hairballs, hairballs.

The "Green Day Syndrome" refers to a singer or band wherein every song just starts to sound the same. GD's follow up to "Dookie" sounded, well...like more of the same to me. All their songs sounded the same to me. Merchant's voice is the type that I can't differentiate between her stuff very well, either.

Of course, they all suffer from this to a degree...but some are worse than others.

Oh, I see...

"Tarzan, Ohisee!"

I dunno, though--Nimrod had some more adventurous (well, adventurous for a three-chord punk band) stuff on it. I've always pretty much liked Green Day, although I do think that Kerplunk! is the best album they've ever put out.

I wanna be your dominated love slave
I wanna be the one who takes the pain
You can spank me when I do no be-have
Smack me in the forehead with a chain

I'm listening to Air Conditoner's "Soft Noise".

It's giving me a live concert in my bedroom right now.

Nimrod's their latest, right? If so, yeah, it's an improvement...but Insomniac (is that what it's called)...BLEH! So incredibly unoriginal. A total rehash, I felt. Me no likey.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Yoda
Me no likey.

Originally posted by Yoda
Me no likey.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Oh boy.

Alanis Morissette owns me. She's come a long way from Jagged Little Pill (although I liked her then, too). Some of the stuff on Under Rug Swept is positively....well, adjectives fail me. BUT IT'S GOOD.

Originally posted by Sullivan
Oh boy.
Eh?

Alanis Morissette owns me. She's come a long way from Jagged Little Pill (although I liked her then, too). Some of the stuff on Under Rug Swept is positively....well, adjectives fail me. BUT IT'S GOOD.
I think asociobendiful is the word you're lookin' for.

Now With Moveable Parts

Some of the stuff on Under Rug Swept is positively....well, adjectives fail me. BUT IT'S GOOD.
And how! I love that album. Bought it up before I even heard anything off of it. I just knew...