Game of Thrones: Season 8, The Final Season (spoilers)

Tools    

Thoughts:

-If that dragon fire gonna sting, gotta loose the bling. Varys taking off his rings and leaving them on his desk is straight out of the end of Donnie Brasco. After it was revealed that Brasco was an FBI agent, "Lefty" Ruggiero (Al Pacino) knows he's gonna get wacked the next time he's called to a sit down. The last scene in the movie, Lefty gets the call and derobes all of his gangster bling. They don't show it in the movie, but the real Ruggiero was snatched up before he made it to that sit down, the feds hopeful he would flip and testify to save his life. But "Lefty Two Guns" aint no punk bitch and went to jail on racketeering charges and the mob gave him a pass.

-CERSEI DID 9/11. The wildfire that was exploding during the episode, was that a bunch of secret caches that have been hidden? Or did Cersei knowingly plant wildfire around the city to exaggerate any attack to motivate her men?

-At this point, Euron just shows up whenever the plot needs him to.

-The CG at the beginning of the episode when the initial breach of the wall happened was probably some of the worse CG I have seen. I'm talking Syfy original levels of bad.

-Pouty Tyrion is annoying. I hope he's executed next episode. You aided in committing medieval genocide: deal with it.

-I don't know how this is gonna end anymore. Jon/Arya killing Dany and Jon taking the throne seems too obvious to be the ending, but everything about this season has been the obvious answer. Still have a feeling that Bran is gonna end up on the throne somehow. I have no idea how they plan to wrap all this up in 80 minutes.

-The Twitter salt over Dany going bat**** is delicious.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
It might have just been my streaming compression, but did anyone notice a color shift when Euron and Jamie first face each other? I'll try to watch again tonight, but may skip to that scene to check.

That brings up something I've not really paid attention to. I've only watched one of these episodes for a second time, and that one was not so much a desire to watch again as it was more just to see if my impressions would be different the second time around.

=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Brilliant episode. I’m loving all the hate it’s receiving just because they put the middle finger up to all the Dany fans and went nuts.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

You ready? You look ready.
Seems pretty obvious that Arya is gunna have to kill Jon, take his face, kill Dany, and then toss the keys to Sansa while she runs out for some smokes.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Last week ever of the prediction game!

Here's mine,

-Bran wargs into Drogon and removes him from any conflict
-Jon wins the throne but simply disintegrates the idea of a one King Westeros and finds himself a quiet corner of the North to live out his days

The issue with most viewers who didn't like when Dany turned Mad Queen isn't that she became the Mad Queen, but rather how it all unfolded. The fact stands that this season is far too rushed and everything feels very anticlimactic. The season needed more episodes in order for the characters and their conclusion to have more of an impact. Or in some cases any impact at all. Many were fully expecting Dany to become the Mad Queen, just, you know, they were also expecting that shift to have more weight.

This is just getting worse and worse. Again, there are highlights, there are a few enjoyable moments but I can’t believe this is the same GoT as I fell in love with. It doesn’t even feel like the same show anymore. Like AT ALL. All these characters have gained so much depth over time and are portrayed by brilliant actors and actresses, yet they are so extremely empty now. Like hollow shells of their past selves, stumbling around like a puppet being controlled by bad writers.

King’s Landing in this episode = the fans.

Bet y'all didn't expect Kevin McCallister to kill the Lannisters

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Also this guy basically sums up the episode for me. Season for that matter too. I don't give a damn about Dany burning down King's Landing. I'm cool with it as are most rational GOTs fans. Probably saw the writing on the wall. But the execution of her transforming into the mad queen could not have been handled worse. Most of the characters handling have been dropped as well. Shadow of the show it use to be. Anyways I'll let him explain my beef with this episode.

I went back and zoomed in on Dany's eyes, it predicts the whole thing.

Burn them! Burn them all! Dany is totally her father's daughter now. The madness lives on.

So much for Maggie the Frog's prophecy that Cersei's "little brother" would kill her. Unless the show has Jaime and Cersei crawling out of the rubble next week, then he kills her.

Yeah, about that Throne. Does it still exist? Or did it collapse with the rubble? Maybe it's sitting in a pile of wreckage and Dany will climb up on it and sit outdoors.

My main thought is that Dany sees almost everybody else as her enemy now and she hasn't forgotten Sansa. The previews for next week show Dany standing before the Unsullied, who look somehow to have grown in number?? Who else thinks she'll head for Winterfell to try to burn down Sansa and the castle she helped saved?

Anyway, I liked the episode and, as @neiba touched on, Arya's run through the streets. It seemed to take forever! But it also seemed to be realistic to show an individual's experience in the heart and heat (literally!) of battle. And like neiba, I'm interested in seeing what happens with Arya next episode. The preview seems to show her standing behind the Unsullied, listening to Daenerys. I was hoping that when she hopped on that horse at the end that she would just hightail it straight back to Winterfell or parts unknown. Guess not.

And remember Sansa, if Dany and Drogon come for you, "use the pointy end!"

A system of cells interlinked
As far as the visuals and music, this was a fantastic episode. In regards to the writing and the approach to everything that has come before, and whatever moral play they had going on...

Huzzuh?

Yoda's graphic about politicians may be spot on.

One other thing...

Please explain this:

Do you mean why does King Landings look like Dubrovnik?

I’m just glad they didn’t skimp on the CGI for the Hound’s death. That was a badass end to a badass character.

Do you mean why does King Landings look like Dubrovnik?

I’m just glad they didn’t skimp on the CGI for the Hound’s death. That was a badass end to a badass character.
It was, but I was expecting more I guess, maybe just because he's been a favourite for so long?

Thrones has received the Star Wars treatment now, where too many people are thinking it's "my thrones" and when things don't go how they want/expect then it's a huge deal all of a sudden

When I first watched the episode, Jaime vs Euron reminded me of the fight from Bridget Jones' Diary

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
ok but why didn't the mountain die when Clegane stabbed him in the friggen head tho? what reason have we been given to think he doesn't have a brain? he understands language, he remembered his brother - where else would that come from? made no sense @ all.

ok but why didn't the mountain die when Clegane stabbed him in the friggen head tho? what reason have we been given to think he doesn't have a brain? he understands language, he remembered his brother - where else would that come from? made no sense @ all.
HBO wants you to stop asking questions, please.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Think it was through middle of face, so if we're following normal zombie rules that wouldn't affect him much.