Avengers: Endgame

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I think it is safe to say that Endgame is just revisionist history. Infinity War was the ending we deserved, but the studio heads didn’t have the balls to follow through on it. Thus, here we are: 3 hours I will never get back. Almost makes me hate all the films that came before it. I’m thinking I need to shave a star from every Marvel film, except for the Ant-Man flicks.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I think it is safe to say that Endgame is just revisionist history. Infinity War was the ending we deserved, but the studio heads didn’t have the balls to follow through on it. Thus, here we are: 3 hours I will never get back. Almost makes me hate all the films that came before it. I’m thinking I need to shave a star from every Marvel film, except for the Ant-Man flicks.
It was all Ant-Man's fault!!!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Almost makes me hate all the films that came before it. I’m thinking I need to shave a star from every Marvel film, except for the Ant-Man flicks.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy rewatching the Captain America films, if this is where they're going to end up.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Can someone explain something for me because I'm a little confused. Somewhere in the movie Antman or Stark mention you can't do something in the past that can effect the future or something along them lines. I think they mention not to place a bet or something, anyway how was Captain America able to go back and change Peggy's whole future?.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Can someone explain something for me because I'm a little confused. Somewhere in the movie Antman or Stark mention you can't do something in the past that can effect the future or something along them lines. I think they mention not to place a bet or something, anyway how was Captain America able to go back and change Peggy's whole future?.

Because Steve always did that, we just didn't know about it. They mentioned that Peggy had a husband we just never saw him, it was actually Steve the whole time.

Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean that the timeline is affected you saw that with Nebula

The best moment was:
WARNING: "Avengers: Endgame" spoilers below
When all Avengers emerged from Dr. Strange formed loops during final battle.

The worst thing about the movie was:
WARNING: "Avengers: Endgame" spoilers below
All the time travel stuff.

I teared up during some scene during aftermath of Infinity War in the first hour.

It would be 6/10, but since I like seeing all Avengers together it's 7/10 for me, for now.

Welcome to the human race...
Very easy to interpret "the ending we deserved" as audiences being punished for ever caring about these movies and making them popular, which might be better than what you apparently intended.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
To echo Thursday Next, I don't think a lot of the time travel stuff is gonna stand up to soft scrutiny.

I think the scene where they talk about all the other movies "rules" of time travel was just a way for the writers to say, "look we couldn't get it to all make sense".

Like I said earlier I believe they somewhat sacrificed the plot of Endgame just to include the Snap at the end of IW. Endgame was just a cheat really.

Boldly going.
I didn't have a problem with the time travel presented or the movie as a whole. The time travel is confusing, yes, but not without sense. There are two theories to time travel: if you go back in time, you change your future (which creates messy paradoxes), or if you go back in time, you can't change your future (which eliminates paradoxes). They chose the latter, which is fine. These kinds of scenarios happen all the time in comic books, so it seems hypocritical for comic books fans to now contend that the movie was a cheat.

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
The time travel wasn't without cost or impact. We still lost Iron Man, Black Widow (although I think she might be coming back), and Vision, and Cap is apparently retired.

It's not often you see a movie with such an ensemble star cast, with such a scope. Sure, you're not going to get as much attention to individual characters, but you know that going into it. I haven't heard such an audience reaction since the last Avengers movie: applause, cheers, laughter in the right places, and even sniffles. If a movie can make an audience react like that, I think it's more than done its job.

Your all crazy this was a good movie and a good ending for an Avengers Franchise. I do wonder where The MCU can really go from here without a movie like this to begin the next faze they like to do. There is no Cap and Iron Man to fall back on anymore. With Guardians 3 being last for that film. I think they will need to rethink where they go from here. But This Movie is a Nice ending and Much better then Infinity War. But Still Not As Good Avengers 1

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
I think it is safe to say that Endgame is just revisionist history. Infinity War was the ending we deserved, but the studio heads didn’t have the balls to follow through on it.
Yeah, not like both of these movies were written as a two part story or anything...

You ready? You look ready.
Exactly, and I just think that is lame. Killing people and bringing them back is how you sell more comics. But oh well, what can ya do? Doesn’t make it any better just because it’s based on a comic.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, who could've guessed that the franchise that spawned 22 movies in 11 years was intended to be a ruthlessly efficient moneymaking machine?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Very easy to interpret "the ending we deserved" as audiences being punished for ever caring about these movies and making them popular, which might be better than what you apparently intended.
I'm starting to think you might be right. Three years ago I was on board the 'Marvel movies are soulless cash cows and why is anybody surprised at that' train. Then I got sucked in and started to believe they were something more, and that they really could pull off an overarching plot and retain character consistency and emotional resonance. And I ignored things along the way that didn't sit right until the end(game). So I guess I got what I deserved.

I do wonder a bit whether I'm dwelling too much on some of the tone and character details, and missing the big picture which is the overall spectacle, which to be fair, is very well done. Lots of people clearly put a lot of effort into making it better than it needed to be (even if not as good as I wanted it to be). But it was those details that hooked me in, so for the film to turn around and say 'well that isn't important, look how many characters are in this fight'...is annoying. There was a slight feeling of being created by committee to entertain the most amount of people and offend the least amount of people which has a whiff of soulless cash cow about it. And yes, I shouldn't be surprised. (But I was kind of hoping they could pull off one last one.)

If only I could travel back in time to tell three years ago me not to bother getting too invested!