14th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I actually got VERY lucky with this one. The majority of them are at my library, I own one, 2 are on netflix (invisible guest and barton fink) and cricket was cool enough to post a link on dailymotion for Jeff's nom and it HAS subtitles. So, I think, there may be one I have to search for, if at all.

Yahoo! I've been working and fiddling around trying to get DailyMotion to work. I've never been able to save a video from that site, never...Until a few minutes ago that is...I updated my browser and the add ons and was finally able to save Time of the Gypsies (with sub titles!) so I can watch it on my TV now.

@Joel, if you ever have trouble finding something for a HOF, just ask. MoFos are always willing to help out.

There was one HOF where several of us in the States passed a DVD around via the mail.

@Joel, if you ever have trouble finding something for a HOF, just ask. MoFos are always willing to help out.

There was one HOF where several of us in the States passed a DVD around via the mail.
I'm tempted to do that with Lone Star. It deserves a widescreen, 35mm def watch..but a good dvd rip with nice compression settings would work, too. Thanks. I'm gonna figure that out for those who can't find it..they won;t find it on youtube unless I upload a rip. It needs a blu ray. I'm still talking?

I'm tempted to do that with Lone Star. It deserves a widescreen, 35mm def watch..but a good dvd rip with nice compression settings would work, too. Thanks. I'm gonna figure that out for those who can't find it..they won;t find it on youtube unless I upload a rip. It needs a blu ray. I'm still talking?
Any movie file up to 2GB can be sent by email as attachment using the free service wetransfer

Matt sent me an old movie by that method, it's easy, no sign up except you need an email. One person then sends you and email and wetransfer includes the large file, when then goes to the other person's email.

I talk about this all the time, so far no one in an Hof has tried it. But if person A has a movie file that person B needs, it's a snap to do.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Contratiempo aka The Invisible Guest

As stated with previous reviews, this IS a murder mystery, if you haven't watched it yet, DON'T read any further.
The Management

For the rest of us; this was a very good thriller without taking the shock aspect road and simply built on what was there and widening the viewer's perception of what is, what may be, and finally, the actual truth itself.

Like any mystery, the fun part can be, how close did you guess. For myself, I knew Virginia was NOT there to assist the moment they had that "I'm smarter than you," dialogue.
WHO she actually was, was a pleasant surprise since the movie's sleight of hand did not make me consider such a possibility. Even though the comment that the wife was an exceptional actress while Tomás was giving Laura a ride to his home to fix the car REALLY should have alerted me instead of taking little heed of it.

Cosmic remarked how the actor playing Adrian seemed very limited in expressing emotion and in a sense, her observation was spot on. Though, for me, he seemed to be one of those who are so wrapped up in their secrets and their agendas, that they hold back everything, especially their emotions. So I would be curious to see if it truly is the way the actor projects or it is simply how the character is meant to be seen as.

I also agree about the way it was shot and how it aided in the keeping the suspense going.
There wasn't an overload of twists, simply a new perspective on how things were, or as CR aptly described: additional pieces to the puzzle, and that worked very well for me.

A very good movie and quite an enjoyable mystery film to start this HoF with, thanks Sarge!

Any movie file up to 2GB can be sent by email as attachment using the free service wetransfer

Matt sent me an old movie by that method, it's easy, no sign up except you need an email. One person then sends you and email and wetransfer includes the large file, when then goes to the other person's email.

I talk about this all the time, so far no one in an Hof has tried it. But if person A has a movie file that person B needs, it's a snap to do.
I actually have a file of Lone Star..so..if anyone wants to PM me their email, I can just pop it over to you, easy peasy..and don;t worry, I don't do multi level email marketing shtuff...

I actually have a file of Lone Star..so..if anyone wants to PM me their email, I can just pop it over to you, easy peasy..and don;t worry, I don't do multi level email marketing shtuff...
Can you attach a large file through G-mail? Isn't there a size limit?

OK, here's the rundown on Lone Star..I rented the dvd a few yrs ago and ripped an mp4 copy cuz I knew I'd need it for some reason...funny how that works. It's not bvery big, def under 2gb...it plays fine on VLC media player..on windows media player I'm not getting an image, probbaly need to update it..so..if you want it, I have it. It's NOT blu ray quality, but I figure you can download it worry free, pop it on a thumb drive or sd card, and pop that bad boy into your hdtv so you can kick back and take it in...it's a lengthy affair so I recommend reclined viewing and not upright computer monitor viewing, which is what I'll be doing for most of these films lol (I promise to use an ottoman). Just let me know. It beats buying a dvd. Wish it were a blu ray but a lot of companies think dramas dont sell as well in HD so...whatevs.

Can you attach a large file through G-mail? Isn't there a size limit?
Yeah totally. Gmail might be the ticket. I think I have ..oh wait..25mb for reg gmail...buut, I have google drive, as anyone with a gmail acct does so...yeah..pm me your addy and ill get it right to ya!

So far we're all agreeing on Contratiempo for the most part.Cosmic mentioned the cold blue-green austere look of the film. I had noticed that too and for me that was a thing of beauty. Oh I thought Laura was much prettier with long hair. And like Cosmic I thought she was a different character when I first seen her with longer hair.

I also agree with Cosmic and Ed that Adrian seemed subdued in his emotions, but for me that worked as like Ed said he seemed to be holding back.

I must say I was clueless to Virginia's motives, I liked that actress a lot.

Good review Ed

Yeah totally. Gmail might be the ticket. I think I have ..oh wait..25mb for reg gmail...buut, I have google drive, as anyone with a gmail acct does so...yeah..pm me your addy and ill get it right to ya!
I don't have google drive, just the basic model! I have your nom on request at my library, so no worries...but if someone else needs it, wetransfer works great.

I don't have google drive, just the basic model! I have your nom on request on my library, so no worries...but if someone else needs it, wetransfer works great.
Actually...you don't even need a gmail email acct to download from google drive...google drive comes with gmail, and it allows 15gb of free storage which is awesome. But let's say you contact me with a yahoo acct or whatever,..I can still send the file and you can just DL it from the google drive link I email you back.

Velvet, this Hof (Hall of Fame) has already started, but anybody can watch the movies and talk about them. Have you seen any of our nominations?

There's also other Hofs starting in the near future so you could join one of them as a full member, that's where you can nominate a movie.

The deadline to join has already passed so you would have to wait for this one to finish and then join the next one. However you should be able to still discuss the films with everyone

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Velvet, this Hof (Hall of Fame) has already started, but anybody can watch the movies and talk about them. Have you seen any of our nominations?

There's also other Hofs starting in the near future so you could join one of them as a full member, that's where you can nominate a movie.
Oh that's a let down, this looked pretty interesting. Thank you for the explanation and it looks like I will join the upcoming one.

The deadline to join has already passed so you would have to wait for this one to finish and then join the next one. However you should be able to still discuss the films with everyone
There will be other genre Hofs in a few weeks starting, just keep your eye out for them.