Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Tarantino Manson Project)

Tools    

Without getting into spoilers, I really loved this movie. The well-known Tarantino-esque touch was there, with lots of snappy dialogue, dark humour and a well thought-out script, but it also felt like a love-letter to film in general, in the way it was shot and the throwback-scenes to older movies and serials.

Considering this is one of Tarantino's final films, it's evident he wants to go out with a bang and really showcase his love for cinema, which is equally shared by me.

This might be one of his, if not the best films he has ever made, on par with Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds and The Hateful Eight.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Welcome to the human race...
I figured they had shown up to attack the Polanski house as originally planned, but Rick catching them beforehand makes him into a loose end (and possibly a more opportune target as he'd clearly been drinking heavily) - they don't realise Cliff is there until they walk inside.

Anyway, I finally got to see it and...it's fine. Probably doesn't help that I had to wait through three spoiler-filled weeks to see it as I think this would really benefit from going in cold, but I wasn't totally feeling the hangout vibe it was going for (even though it seems like my kind of thing). Will be interested to see how it holds up on repeat viewings, though, but as of right now I'd consider it one of his lesser works.

I saw the movie recently. The cast is amazing, the last fight was breathtaking! Great job!

This is hilarious!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa