Anyone else buzzed for 'Call Me By Your Name?'

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Came into this thread thinking you were talking about Your Name (2016) and then got confused!

But yeah, Call Me By Your Name looks good too. I've heard of the book but never got round to reading it.

"Elio Perlman is spending the summer with his family at their vacation home in Lombardy, Italy. When his father hires a handsome doctoral student, the curious 17-year-old finds himself developing a growing attraction to the young man."

The Film was praised with an overwhelming amount of love at Sundance this year. Seriously, like 'Boyhood' levels of critical claim, people are falling in love with this film. It's being called the best film of the year already and is the highest rated on Metacritic. Don't need to ask me for any more details on how people feel about this film, look it up to see absolutely no criticism mixed with enormous affection. What are your thoughts?

I heard good things too, hope it pans out.

I finished reading the book the other day, which I thought was very good. It's a book that's very much about internal feelings and I just don't know how they are going to transfer what was good about the book and the way it got inside Elio's head onto the screen. As someone who loves movies, I guess I should have more faith in movies, but as someone who loves books, I am sceptical. I'm not sold on the casting either, but reserving judgement until I've seen it.

Also,
WARNING: "Call Me By Your Name" spoilers below
I don't know how they're going to do the peach scene without an American Pie vibe...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Really looking forward to this
I love coming of age movies and books

This might just do nobody any good.
I can’t wait to finally see this around this time next year!

Huh. With the amount this is being pushed with adverts on imdb I would have thought it would be on in more cinemas.

Welcome to the human race...
^what

It still doesn't come out here for another month or so, which will be more than enough time for me to get sick of hearing all the peach jokes.

too mainstream

This might just do nobody any good.
If this wins best picture......then the Oscars have taken a severe turn for the worse.
Hi, James.

I can’t see it winning Best Picture. I can see a win for Best Adapted Screenplay, potentially a Best Supporting Actor (certainly a nomj. It might get a nomination for Best Actor but won’t win because there’s two leads and it would split the vote. Potentially a nomination for Best Original Song as well.