Boyka: Undisputed

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Scott Adkins, one of the busiest actors in movies today (loved his astral hospital fight in Doctor Strange), is bringing his breakout role of Russian MMA fighter Yuri Boyka from Undisputed II: Last Man Standing and Undisputed III: Redemption in a fourth installment apparently set for a release in April.

In the new film, ex-prisoner Boyka gets a chance to become a pro fighter until he accidentally kills his opponent in the ring. Learning the opponent's widow owes a debt to a local crime boss, Boyka seeks salvation and redemption to fight in a series of in-ring battles with the prize being the widow's freedom from the crime boss.

Franchise helmer Isaac Florentine serves as producer with Todor Chapnakov directing.

Welcome to the human race...
Not sure if I'll get to see this but I did kind of like Undisputed III (which was surprisingly solid given its humble DTV origins) so I'll probably try to watch this given the chance.

They had been teasing for a long time. I hope it makes money.

The release is apparently pushed back to August 1 now.

The August 1 release date is official. Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing the film on DVD and Blu-Ray

I’m personally only just making myself through the series. Only seen the first two. And while they do get better as people say, I really hope 3 and 4 are much larger step ups in quality. I expect so.

Welcome to the human race...
I really did not care for the original Undisputed and didn't see the second one, but I'd say the third and fourth are steps up from the first at least.