Logan

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
RED BAND
RED BAND

This trailer cut makes the movie look a lot better than the first one. I still don't know if this ranks as a $10-$12 experience.

The Last of Us wasn't groundbreaking in terms of a little girl and her guardian, but this seems inspired by the likes of.

Another good trailer, but

WARNING: spoilers below
I can't buy into Charles saying – what is it – "and I'm ****ing ninety"? It sounds out of character, but it also sounds off, like Patrick Stewart hasn't put enough humour; or, conversely, impatience, behind it. It could also be that the weak voice he's doing is undermining that line working properly.

Welcome to the human race...
Directed though by the same guy as The Wolverine?
So there...
Also the guy who did Cop Land.

I feel like I need to give The Wolverine another chance, when I first watched it I was running the X-Men series so that they all kind of blurred together. At least it feels like something I want to watch again, which is more than I can say for the likes of Origins or The Last Stand.

Also the guy who did Cop Land.

I feel like I need to give The Wolverine another chance, when I first watched it I was running the X-Men series so that they all kind of blurred together. At least it feels like something I want to watch again, which is more than I can say for the likes of Origins or The Last Stand.

I forgot about Cop Land. Decent movie.
Checking my notes I rated it at 94% when I reviewed it.

The Wolverine is definitely the best of the series imo if you don't count Deadpool.
Deadpool is a totally different level but yeah, out of the mainstream X-Men films, The Wolverine is by far and away the strongest. They should have had Mangold direct all of the movies.

There's probably only one movie of his I didn't like which was the remake of 3:10 To Yuma.

My problem with The Wolverine is towards the end. It gets too bloated, messy and typical CG action affair. It looks like studio interference to me... because Mangold created a decent enough kind of drama with good focus on the character of Logan. But it just didn't quite pull it off... so, looking at the R-rated no-xmen-in-title deserted and drama-heavy upcoming Logan, it looks like Mangold got the freedom he wanted. I hope so.

Unless I missed something, all of the press junkets for Logan with RR and HJ seem to point to a Deadpool / Wolverine film happening.

Yeah the two of them were hinting at Pierce Brosnan playing Cable as well.
Pierse Brosnan? Cable would be perfect for Jeffrey Dead Morgan. imo

Yeah The Wolverine was ok, but the Deadpool-thingy at the end destroyed the film for me. Im hopeful this will deliver, because everything Ive seen, and not seen (super explosions for the sake of), makes me feel like it can.

Jackman said this was gonna be his last Wolvie performance, then Ryan Reynolds Deadpool hit big, and RR has been pushing for the two to star together again. Not impossible, but Id be surprised if Hugh Jackmans already commiting to another Wolverine performance.

Yeah The Wolverine was ok, but the Deadpool-thingy at the end destroyed the film for me.

You're thinking of Origins: Wolverine which introduced the lame version of Deadpool that Reynolds then retrofixed.

The Wolverine is the one in Japan when Logan loses his powers.

You're thinking of Origins: Wolverine which introduced the lame version of Deadpool that Reynolds then retrofixed.

The Wolverine is the one in Japan when Logan loses his powers.
Aw hell! That sucks! That movie absolutely butchered the Wolverine Limited Series it was based off of. It fell apart in the second half loudly.

My enthusiasm is less than it was.

Really? I found it to be the best of all the main X films.

Tao Okamoto and Rila Fukushima are also mint.

I think they have a handshake deal or more. There are too many Reynolds and Jackman public displays of affection popping up right now for no good reason.

I would wager a small sum that there is a Deadpool end credit scene on Logan.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I wish jackman gave up the role after the first spin off farce. He's a good actor as seen recently in Prisoners. But no, money talks. He's taken the check time and time again with these poor movies. I'm predicting this one will be no better then the last which for some reason was celebrated.

I think they have a handshake deal or more. There are too many Reynolds and Jackman public displays of affection popping up right now for no good reason.

I would wager a small sum that there is a Deadpool end credit scene on Logan.
I'd hope not. If the marketing is to be believed, then the tone of Logan is about as far removed from the tone of Deadpool as possible. For them to set up a bittersweet swansong for Wolverine and Professor X only to drop a wisecracking Deadpool into the proceedings (even within an end credit scene) would be a serious misstep that admittedly wouldn't be totally unprecedented for the X-Men franchise but which I'd rather didn't happen.

I wish jackman gave up the role after the first spin off farce. He's a good actor as seen recently in Prisoners. But no, money talks. He's taken the check time and time again with these poor movies. I'm predicting this one will be no better then the last which for some reason was celebrated.
In fairness, a dude has to eat.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If he is going to be in Deadpool, I'd rather him play Hugh Jackman than Wolverine.

Suspect's Reviews

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Iroquois, yes he needs to eat, by the look of him every 3 hours, protein shakes, no carbs after 4pm that sort of stuff. Still, I wonder what roles he turned down in place of wolverine. Now really, unless he has a substantial "older man career", he'll be remembered as Wolverine. Whether thats a good thing or bad is subjective.

Maybe you're right Iro. This could be FOX trying to fan the smell of Deadpool's success towards Logan.

Iroquois, yes he needs to eat, by the look of him every 3 hours, protein shakes, no carbs after 4pm that sort of stuff. Still, I wonder what roles he turned down in place of wolverine. Now really, unless he has a substantial "older man career", he'll be remembered as Wolverine. Whether thats a good thing or bad is subjective.
Yeah, there's no telling what he's had to turn down in order to play Wolverine. On the other hand, looking at his IMDb suggests that he's still likely to do lighter roles anyway - for every serious acclaimed film like Prisoners or The Prestige, he's got at least a couple of movies like Pan or Chappie to go with it.