Wonder Woman

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Call me a lamer. I feel like they just ripped the Captain America idea to use a bunch of period sets and costumes.

I love it. I loved the way the first Captain America looked and I'm digging this. And that F'in guitar hook! So great.

Just wondering - why World War 1?

In real life (publication history) WW didn't exist before World War 2, and in her original comic chronology she appeared at the beginning of the 2nd World War. She rescued Steve Trevor who was a U.S. pilot for the Allies against the Axis powers, and she became known for fighting Nazis (not the Kaiser's men). One of her earliest & best known villains Baroness Paula von Gunther was a Nazi. In her first TV series (starring Linda Carter) they initially followed WW's Golden Age lead by placing her in World War 2.

So why World War 1?

Well, it's like saying why have Superman The Movie suddenly change from the 1930s to modern day half way through, and then Superman 2 has no reference to the 1930s at all.

They change stuff in comics and comic-movies all the time.

Well, it's like saying why have Superman The Movie suddenly change from the 1930s to modern day half way through, and then Superman 2 has no reference to the 1930s at all.

They change stuff in comics and comic-movies all the time.
I know, but why WW 1?

The lines between good and evil weren't as clearly drawn (as with the Nazis of course). The U.S. wasn't drawn into it due to a direct attack on the homeland. It's kind of an ambiguous war at this point even for those historically familiar with it - most people don't even know what started it, why so many countries got involved or what the stakes were.

Whereas with WW II - it's been kept very relevant because it provided circumstances and prototypes for all sorts of historical comparisons and fiction. It had iconic, over-the-top villains, which is one of the reasons it's been so popular in comics. Hitler, the Gestapo, the Nazis, Mussolini, Hirohito, Tojo - they've become archetypes of conquerors & political villains.

Could it be the only reason they set this story in WW 1 was to avoid comparisons to Captain America?

i wish they would have upgraded her outfit more.i so sick and tired of seeing women thats meant to be the heroine and a fighter in a miniskirt.omg we gotta make sure she shows some ass so people still think shes sexy!

Welcome to the human race...
Call me a lamer. I feel like they just ripped the Captain America idea to use a bunch of period sets and costumes.

I love it. I loved the way the first Captain America looked and I'm digging this. And that F'in guitar hook! So great.
I'd say it also has shades of Thor in that it sees a metahuman warrior from another world becoming involved in Earthly matters and having to deal with the resulting culture shock.

Just wondering - why World War 1?

In real life (publication history) WW didn't exist before World War 2, and in her original comic chronology she appeared at the beginning of the 2nd World War. She rescued Steve Trevor who was a U.S. pilot for the Allies against the Axis powers, and she became known for fighting Nazis (not the Kaiser's men). One of her earliest & best known villains Baroness Paula von Gunther was a Nazi. In her first TV series (starring Linda Carter) they initially followed WW's Golden Age lead by placing her in World War 2.

So why World War 1?
Because that would offend the alt-right.

But seriously, I can think of a few reasons. Maybe making it a WWII movie would invite even more unfavourable comparisons to Captain America and WWI is a comparatively uncommon setting, though I wonder how much of it is working around BvS establishing that she'd been out of the picture for exactly one hundred years because that's a nice round round number compared to Captain America being on ice for sixty-ish years.

As for what I thought of the trailer - still not optimistic about it, and I'm starting to get a little annoyed with that leitmotif.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Loving the trailers for WW. Certainly getting me more excited for the Justice League movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

That didn't do anything for me.I guess some of the action was cool?

However, even if the trailer was excellent, my expectations would probably still be pretty low considering how pumped I was for Suicide Squad judging by the trailers, then let down when I saw it.

Also, I really hope they don't do as much slow motion as they did in that trailer, Jesus. They might as well have passed it on to Snyder to direct.

Korinaz Kay is Here!
Hi guys!! Here is some FACTS on the new Wonder Woman movie. I hope you like it. So far the artwork looks good. Tell me what you think :-)

This might just do nobody any good.
I'm hearing positive reaction for this.

Third time's the charm for DC, it seems (edit: fourth time. I forgot about Suicide Squad. I wonder why...)

I'm still going into this with managed expectations but there's some relief to be had in Wonder Woman finding success where Batman and Superman couldn't (together, I might add).

Still, Zack's getting another shot later this year so it may be a short lived victory.

Interesting that Dr. Poison was mentioned (I always like to see a good Golden Age villain), and it's unlikely that Paula Von Gunther will show up - unless they make her a non-Nazi since the setting takes place during WW One. (Perhaps she'll show up in a WWII sequel.)

I always thought Dr. Poison's full-body, black leather outfit was pretty awesome and scary - wonder if that will make an appearance.

Interesting that Dr. Poison was mentioned (I always like to see a good Golden Age villain), and it's unlikely that Paula Von Gunther will show up - unless they make her a non-Nazi since the setting takes place during WW One. (Perhaps she'll show up in a WWII sequel.)

I always thought Dr. Poison's full-body, black leather outfit was pretty awesome and scary - wonder if that will make an appearance.

Who's Dr Poison cap?

sexy as hell