Wonder Woman

Tools    

Is there a thread on this? My search doesn't work..
Anyway...

It looks like there'll be tons of girl power because Gal Gadot will reprise her role from Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It's scheduled for 23th June 2017 (USA).

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
She hardly looks like an Amazon and although I've only seen her in a couple of 'Fast & Furious' films, I thought she was pretty wooden, and I don't think she can carry a whole film. I think it will be a bit crappy, like the upcoming Aquaman film probably will be too!

I think it will be a good film but Wonder Woman seems like a complete bore from what I can see. I was really disappointed that Henry Cavill didn't get a chance to just go straight into Man of Steel 2 before any kind of team-up film but I like what's been done with Batman and I think that will be the strongest element. I also think Jesse Eisenberg looks excellent.

I'm picking up on some strong cognitive dissonance here.
Well I might change my mind when I see it but dear God it seems like the blandest character in the film. Actually her position in the story reminds me a bit of Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises but I don't think Gal Gadot makes an impression at all in the footage I've seen.

The main reason why I'll go and see Batman v Superman is her, ok maybe not the main, but one of. And certainly the main for this one. how about her looks? Hotness etc? I find her beauty to be absolutely fierce, reminecsent even of Katharine hepburn.

Wonder Woman is a boring character. Her powers have never been defined. Heck, she's not even like a real person - she was made out of clay by a lesbian who wanted a baby! She's basically an animated statue. And, let's face it, the Women's Lib message is so yesterday, so 1960's with the bra burning and what-not, even women are sick of it (most of 'em are just looking for a husband with a job!)

Ah, I'm just causing trouble.

Wonder Woman is a boring character. Her powers have never been defined. Heck, she's not even like a real person - she was made out of clay by a lesbian who wanted a baby! She's basically an animated statue. And, let's face it, the Women's Lib message is so yesterday, so 1960's with the bra burning and what-not, even women are sick of it (most of 'em are just looking for a husband with a job!)

Ah, I'm just causing trouble.
haha yeah. I find the character to be abxolutely beautiful and hot though.

And just for the record, I was laughing at the lesbian thing, NOT Women's Lib! Let's hope will get out of trouble. We don't want some fierce wonder woman who tears everything appart in her way coming in here and making s* out of us.

Well I might change my mind when I see it but dear God it seems like the blandest character in the film. Actually her position in the story reminds me a bit of Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises but I don't think Gal Gadot makes an impression at all in the footage I've seen.
What i meant was the contradiction.. how can it be a good movie if she is so boring

But seriously, as a character, her powers have been all over the place, varying through the decades even more than Superman.

WW could not fly (she needed an invisible plane to do so), but now she can fly.
She's been depicted as everything from a regular female human athlete (with a magic lasso) to a gravity-defying demi-god. Her strength has been everything from average to Olympic athlete level, to enhanced human, to super-human, to rivaling that of the Greek gods and being on par with Superman. She needed bracelets to block bullets, lest she get shot (and we'll save the argument about having the speed to block bullets with her wrists for later), but at other points we're told she's basically invulnerable, so why the need to block bullets with bracelets?

Sometimes she's as fast as the Flash (sometimes not), sometimes she can leap as high as the Hulk (or just fly), at times she's had telepathy, she's got Dr. Dolittle powers, if underwater she's basically a female Aquaman, etc., etc.

Her lasso's properties has been all over the place as well - sometimes only she could make it's truth-telling powers work, other times anyone could make it work, it could be used on her or couldn't be used on her. Sometimes it could be telekinetically controlled, other times it was just a lasso that required good lassoing skills.

There was the old thing where if she was bound she became powerless (thus all the WW in bondage comic book covers), and there was stuff about if a man bound her or a woman bound her, and there were a whole bunch of gender-based vulnerabilities she had . And that's just a short beginning to the list of variables WW's powers have been subjected to over the decades.

What i meant was the contradiction.. how can it be a good movie if she is so boring
Because she'll be so inconsequential alongside the really good stuff, and there looks to be plenty of that.

But seriously, as a character, her powers have been all over the place, varying through the decades even more than Superman.

WW could not fly (she needed an invisible plane to do so), but now she can fly.
She's been depicted as everything from a regular female human athlete (with a magic lasso) to a gravity-defying demi-god. Her strength has been everything from average to Olympic athlete level, to enhanced human, to super-human, to rivaling that of the Greek gods and being on par with Superman. She needed bracelets to block bullets, lest she get shot (and we'll save the argument about having the speed to block bullets with her wrists for later), but at other points we're told she's basically invulnerable, so why the need to block bullets with bracelets?

Sometimes she's as fast as the Flash (sometimes not), sometimes she can leap as high as the Hulk (or just fly), at times she's had telepathy, she's got Dr. Dolittle powers, if underwater she's basically a female Aquaman, etc., etc.

Her lasso's properties has been all over the place as well - sometimes only she could make it's truth-telling powers work, other times anyone could make it work, it could be used on her or couldn't be used on her. Sometimes it could be telekinetically controlled, other times it was just a lasso that required good lassoing skills.

There was the old thing where if she was bound she became powerless (thus all the WW in bondage comic book covers), and there was stuff about if a man bound her or a woman bound her, and there were a whole bunch of gender-based vulnerabilities she had . And that's just a short beginning to the list of variables WW's powers have been subjected to over the decades.
I'm starting to like her.

Just remember, Wonder Woman was supposed to be the model for feminism, yet when she joined the Justice Society (the first ever comic book super-team), they made her "secretary." She had to take meeting minutes and make sure the coffee was made for the boys.

Rumor has it that the Spectre and Hourman would get cranky if WW didn't personally fix their coffee and serve them danish. Hawkman was constantly grabbing at her stars whenever she bent over to serve Dr. Fate his tea. The Atom was always making jokes when he approached WW about how the weather must be clear because he could "see the mountains from here."
And Jay Garrick (the Flash) was the only one of the men who'd help her with the dishes afterward... occasionally.

how do you explain all these inconsistencies, Steel? Do you have a theory?

Maybe it was influenced by changes in society?

But isn't she supposed to be the ultimate male fantasy anyway, just as you are the ultimate female fantasy?

What do you think how muscular she should be?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Well Amazons were an army who consistently defeated men for centuries and managed to enslave them too on occasions. They'd have to be pretty muscular Gal Gadot looks like a twig, I'd be frightened of breaking her arm just by nudging it.

They should get a modern day Brigitte Nielsen, I know she couldn't act, but it's not as if Ms. Gadot is much better. Nielsen looked an Amazon-esque warrior, whereas a I don't believe Ms. Gadot could wield a stick, never mind swords and shields.

But isn't she supposed to be the ultimate male fantasy anyway?
Maybe that's the problem with the Dawn of Justice version, she doesn't represent that enough.

Well Amazons were an army who consistently defeated men for centuries and managed to enslave them too on occasions. They'd have to be pretty muscular Gal Gadot looks like a twig, I'd be frightened of breaking her arm just by nudging it.

They should get a modern day Brigitte Nielsen, I know she couldn't act, but it's not as if Ms. Gadot is much better. Nielsen looked an Amazon-esque warrior, whereas a I don't believe Ms. Gadot could wield a stick, never mind swords and shields.
That's exactly what it is – she's too spindly. Brigitte Nielsen is a pretty good physical reference I think, as she wasn't overly muscular and still looked feminine, especially in Red Sonja. Plus, you've got to have a build that won't stand out drastically as her everyday alter ego.