Pegg & Frost vs Franco & Rogen

Tools    

Well I just rewatched Hot Fuzz not long ago and it got me thinking. A LOT of people call James Franco and Seth Rogen the American Simon Pegg & Nick Frost (I personally disagree) but I decided to compare their films and see where everybody else is at on this argument. Who do you all prefer Pegg & Frost or Franco & Rogen comedies? I like both duos but for me nothing beats Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, especially when they are collaborating with Edgar Wright. I actually quite enjoyed Paul as well, which also starred Seth Rogen as well. I have not seen the show Freaks and Geeks which Rogen and Franco star in together so I ain't gonna use that. I'm just talking movies that the two starred in together.

Shaun of the Dead (2004)

Hot Fuzz (2007)

Paul (2011)

The World's End (2013)

Pineapple Express (2008)

This Is The End (2013)

The Interview (2014)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are one of the best comedic pairings of all times. One need not look further than their foray into TV Spaced. Paired with or without Edgar Wright, they are absolutely hilarious.

Pegg and Frost by a billion miles. These guys actually make comedy feature films, while Franco and Rogen just arrive on set, probably drunk and high, and talk sh*t to each for an entire day, then cut it into a movie. Not to say it hasn't worked at least once, but it's as bullet proof as thin air...

I prefer Cheech and Chong personally... *sarcasm insert*

Welcome to the human race...
While the genre parody of the Cornetto films feel like a natural extension of the geek-centric comedy of Spaced, I wouldn't lump in Freaks and Geeks with movies like Pineapple Express. Freaks and Geeks may feature a lot of the same performers as those other films, but it's a bittersweet coming-of-age series about a group of ordinary teenagers dealing with the hardships that come with growing up; it is virtually incomparable to the Shane Black-like mix of action and buddy comedy that characterised Pineapple Express (I have not seen This is the End or The Interview so I'm not factoring that into the matter). Even Franco and Rogen's presence in the show is less about their characters being a standard odd couple and more about them being part of a constantly-shifting ensemble. Also, I agree with MovieMeditation in that Pegg/Frost films tend to feature better craftsmanship than the sloppy improvisation associated with Franco/Rogen.

Pegg and Frost, because the films they're in are of a higher quality and because their comedy is a little smarter in my opinion. I also enjoy most of Rogen and Franco's films, though, but I think Jonah Hill is funnier than both of them.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Pegg and Frost for me. The stoner thing can be funny at times, but P&F have more subtlety and range IMO

Pegg and Frost by a country mile.

Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End were some of the greatest comedies I've ever seen. Paul was a little bit crap though.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
For me, the win unsurprisingly goes to Pegg & Frost. Of the four movies mentioned above of theirs, I have 3 - missing Paul, which I honestly didn't care all that much for. However, Shaun of the Dead is, imo, the best zombie movie there is - 10/10. Hot Fuzz gets a 9/10, and probably the same from The World's End.

As for Franco & Rogen...I like Franco in some movies, but I can't get into Rogen. And of the 3 aforementioned movies, I've seen one - The Interview, which I gave a 3/10.