They SHOULD be Household Names...

Tools    

I wanna see a countdown where you list people who actually are Household Names and where they would rank.

Regina King

This solid actress began her acting career playing Marla Gibbs' teenage daughter on 227 and then got a featured role in Boyz in the Hood. She also appeared in Poetic Justice, Enemy of the State, Mighty Joe Young, and A Thin Line Between Love and Hate. She gave Oscar-worthy performances as Cuba Gooding Jr.'s wife in Jerry Maguire and Jamie Foxx's mistress in Ray. She also just won an Emmy for her role on the ABC limited series American Crime. This girl has been acting since she was a teenager has built an impressive resume and still has a long career (and IMO an Oscar) ahead of her.

Miguel Ferrer

The son of Oscar winner Jose Ferrer who also counts George and Rosemary Clooney as part of his family tree, made his TV debut on an episode of Magnum PI and made his film debut in a forgettable potboiler called Truckin Buddy McCoy, but has since had an impressive career on television and in films, with recurring roles on TV shows like Miami Vice, Twin Peaks, Shannon's Deal, and Lateline. Film credits include Blank Check, The Night Flier, Sunshine State, Traffic, The Man, and the remake of The Manchurian Candidate. This is an actor who had the talent to make this list without his impressive pedigree.

Sanaa Lathan

One of those Hollywood rarities...a beautiful actress who actually CAN act. This beauty has been around since the mid 1990's, appearing in films like Drive, Blade, Life, The Wood, Love & Basketball, The Best Man, Out of Time, Something New, Disappearing Acts, and The Family that Preys. This actress is a known and desired quantity in Hollywood but has yet to find that elusive role to put her over the top.

Jeffrey Tambor

He made his film debut opposite Al Pacino in the 1979 film ...And Justice for All and has had roles in Saturday the 14th, Mr. Mom, The Man Who Wasn't There, No Small Affair, Three O Clock High, City Slickers, Big Bully, Meet Joe Black, Pollack, and My Boss' Daughter. He also has a long list of television credits, which includes his current series Transparent, for which he recently won an Emmy.

Luis Guzman

A richly talented actor who has actually never allowed his ethnicity to limit the kind of roles he has played and he has played them all...good guys, bad guys, gay, straight, this guy has played everything and has never failed to be convincing. His film credits include Q & A, The Hard Way, McBain, Guilty as Sin, Punch Drunk Love, Runaway Jury, Anger Management, Traffic, Fast Food Nation, and Top Five. Another actor who has been on the cusp of household name status for a long time.

Seth Green

An actor whose lack of height and youthful appearance has allowed him to play younger than his age for a long time. The first time I ever saw him was when he played Joe in the 1987 Woody Allen film Radio Days. His film appearances include My Stepmother is an Alien, Big Business, Pump up the Volume, White Man's Burden,Josie and the Pussycats, America's Sweethearts, and of course as the spoiled brat son of Dr. Evil (Mike Myers) in the Austin Powers franchise. He has also spent the last decade voicing the character of Chris Griffin on Family Guy. Between his movie and TV work, his face is starting to become familiar, but I don't know about his name.

This just surprised me -- Seth Green is in the Stephen King's IT miniseries:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IT.jpg
Views:	2613
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	22999  

recognise or know all the men in your recent posts not the ladies

Lorraine Touissant

This powerhouse actress is known primarily to television audiences for recurring roles on Any Day Now, Crossing Jordan, Ugly Betty, Saving Grace, Friday Night Lights, Rosewood, and Orange is the New Black, the last winning her a SAG and a Critic's Choice Award. A severely underrated actress who always brings more to the role than what is written on the page.

That's weird...why would you know the men and not the ladies?
People care less/take less notice of actresses than they do actors. Especially women, in my experience. Same goes for singers, too.

People care less/take less notice of actresses than they do actors. Especially women, in my experience. Same goes for singers, too.
I agree with that...For myself I notice actresses much more than actors.

Marcia Cross

Her work as Dr. Kimberly Shaw on Melrose Place and as Bree Van de Kamp Hodge on Desperate Housewives have earned her a place on yet another on of my lists.

Bill Hader

For my money, the most talented and versatile cast member from SNL since the late Phil Hartman. I think there are big things on the horizon for this guy and not just household name status...I could see this guy being bigger than Chevy Chase, Will Ferrell, Mike Myers, or any of the other guys who actually found life after SNL.