AdamUpBxtch's Top 50 Favorite Movie Characters

Tools    

50. Frank Costello
Actor: Jack Nicholson
Movie: The Departed

"For his own good, tell Bruce Lee and the Karate Kids none of us are carrying automatic weapons. Because here, in this country... it don't add inches to your dick. You get a life sentence for it."

49. Hal 9000
Actor: Douglas Rain (Voice)
Movie(s): 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010

"Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. "

48. Riggan Thomson
Actor: Michael Keaton
Movie: Birdman

"It's important to me! Alright? Maybe not to you, or your cynical friends whose only ambition is to go viral. But to me... To me... this is God. This is my career, this is my chance to do some work that actually means something."

My only disappointment with The Departed was Jack Nicholson. Not that he wasn't great in it, he was, but it wasn't the iconic performance I had hoped for working with Scorsese. I thought he got overshadowed by a good chunk of the rest of the cast.

47. Dr. King Schultz
Actor: Christoph Waltz
Movie: Django Unchained

"My good man, did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture, or are you pointing your weapon at me with lethal intention?"

-Despite the wacky ending I love Django Unchained, and it is in part because of the ending. I loved Waltz in this movie.-

As much as I love Django Unchained, I wasn't that impressed with Waltz. Not that he wasn't good, he was, but not truly great and not, IMO, deserving of an Oscar. I'd put Calvin Candie, Stephen, and Big Daddy much higher than Schultz

46. Colonel Stars & Stripes
Actor: Jim Carrey
Movie: Kick Ass 2

"Try to have fun. Otherwise, what's the point?"

-Kick Ass 2 wasn't a good movie, I was deeply disappointed by it, but Col. Stars & Stripes is easily Carrey's best role in years he was fantastic and I loved the character. He was the best part of the movie-

45. Maximus Decimus Meridius
Actor: Russell Crowe
Movie: Gladiator

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

42. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds
Actor: Nathan Fillion
Movie: Serenity
TV Show: Firefly

"You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds."

-Mal is a TV character but he is one of many tv characters brought into the movie realm. Serenity may have been a flop but I still thought it was a pretty good movie and Fillion is fantastically cheesy as Mal-