Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I'm not offended by others positions, I like to debate don't worry.
Glad to hear that.

If you say that what makes man and woman marriage special is the possibility to have children then what would you say to a couple aged over 50 year old that wants to marry? (they can't have kid obviously) or to a woman or a man that for genetical reason is not fertil, they wouldn't have the right to marry? Or simply to a man and a woman that wants to marry, but don't want kids?
You got me wrong, I'm saying people who can create life and want to do it should be more supported, encouraged and have bigger and better benefits. Let's use your post as an example, if two 50 year old's want to marry then good for them, I wish them best of luck in life, but you can't take their marriage as important as two 20 year old's who just started their life (so to say) and plan to create a family and so on. I'm not saying marriage without children can't be as good, I'm saying marriage with children needs more help and benefits. It dose make it special in my opinion, special =/= better. If you can't have kids, you can't, you may like it or dislike it, but you are obviously different then people who can, wouldn't you agree?

Also, why the fact that you can have kid should give anyone a moral edge or an advantage?
Because we all came from that point? Creating life should always be important. And again,I'm not saying other marriages are unimportant, I'm saying they don't need as much support, stuff like that. Its not giving you advantage over someone, for example, financial help to married couple with three kids dose not hurt married people without kids, dose it? Its not giving them advantage over anyone, its just helping them. I hope I explained myself correctly.

Plus isn't the world getting a bit too overpopulated anyways?
So are prisons, should we hang and shot everyone? There is also a lot of disease in some country's, what should we do there? Cut the kids when they are born so they can't have children in the future? I just think you need to support people who have children because new generations and so on, don't make me go into that now...

I'm not saying you need to support them by "cutting" something away from same sex marriage.

Gay's adopting children is difficult topic and we all know why...*

*Happy?

I did once see an episode of Jerry Springer in which a man married a horse. So no legislation passed by the US government can really be classed as divisive, provocative or even absurd.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So are prisons, should we hang and shot everyone? There is also a lot of disease in some country's, what should we do there? Cut the kids when they are born so they can't have children in the future?
This doesn't even make a bit of sense. Prison overcrowding and disease have nothing to do with overpopulation. Those are problems that can be solved without the ridiculous suggestions that you offer up.

And I notice you edited out the part where you said we all know why gays adopting children is a problem...at least have the courage of your convictions to look like a bigot if you are going to be one.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

This doesn't even make a bit of sense. Prison overcrowding and disease have nothing to do with overpopulation. Those are problems that can be solved without the ridiculous suggestions that you offer up.

And I notice you edited out the part where you said we all know why gays adopting children is a problem...at least have the courage of your convictions to look like a bigot if you are going to be one.
I edited them out because I knew you will come to act "heavenly", here I'm putting it back. I didn't say its a problem, I said its a difficult topic and we all know why... Don't LIE

There's a serious movement in the U.S. to legalize polygamous marriages. Some say they are born polyamorous and so claim it's their right to be married to multiple partners. On my old posting board there was a married woman who said she was polyamorous, so it's more common than one might think.

Now that we have legalized gay marriages, should polygamy marriages be legalized next?

I edited them out because I knew you will come to act "heavenly", here I'm putting it back. I didn't say its a problem, I said its a difficult topic and we all know why... Don't LIE
I'm sort of an atheist, or at least an agnostic, I don't think I'd act all "heavenly."

I'm sort of an atheist, or at least an agnostic, I don't think I'd act all "heavenly."
You still accused me for something mate... You probably just read it wrong or something, wasn't funny to me, imagine I attack you for something you never said. Saying I called gay adoption a problem is not correct, I said topic is difficult/problematic, as it is.

My opinion on all this is we over complicate things. I don't think the government ought to be marrying anyone. Leave that to religious institutions. Then those institutions can make the rules they want and adults can be apart of whatever institution they want. What about taxes you ask? I'm for straight tax. What about health insurance? If employers want to add a +1, I should be able to add grandma if I want. Kids are a no brainer. I should be able to have whoever I want making my medical decisions and that problem goes way beyond sexual proclivities anyway. Just my two cents worth. We are way past the type of limited government I desire so my opinion is as irrelevant as it can possibly be. Carry on with your law=heart debates.

You still accused me for something mate... You probably just read it wrong or something, wasn't funny to me, imagine I attack you for something you never said.
well I apologize. It was on screen for such a small amount of time, I guess I read it wrong. My bad.

I honestly hate threads like this, because I end up getting sucked into them, and they are often arguments, not discussions between people who are unwilling to bend on their views, and the winner is usually the guy who beats the other over the head with their views (presented as facts) over and over til someone quits. It's not fun.

I'm bowing out of this one, and going to discuss movies or something fun.

well I apologize. It was on screen for such a small amount of time, I guess I read it wrong. My bad.

I honestly hate threads like this, because I end up getting sucked into them, and they are often arguments, not discussions between people who are unwilling to bend on their views, and the winner is usually the guy who beats the other over the head with their views (presented as facts) over and over til someone quits. It's not fun.

I'm bowing out of this one, and going to discuss movies or something fun.
Your avatar is Monkey with a gun, how do you ever lose any discussion.

There's a serious movement in the U.S. to legalize polygamous marriages. Some say they are born polyamorous and so claim it's their right to be married to multiple partners. On my old posting board there was a married woman who said she was polyamorous, so it's more common than one might think.

Now that we have legalized gay marriages, should polygamy marriages be legalized next?
Polygamy has been going on in America since the country was founded. The most famous proponent of which was Brigham Young, who fathered 59 children by 16 different women.

I'd love to know how athiesim is related to same sex marrage? It's amazing how often people conflate atheism and immorality.

How is gay marriage immoral?
You do know that if you don't want to hear the religious side of a religious debate that there is no point in asking, right?

How is gay marriage immoral?
I think it should be done in a registry office. To force churches to perform such ceremonies, which are incompatible with their believes, is just left wing bigotry. The church of England has already conceded defeat to the left on this matter.

I think it should be done in a registry office. To force churches to perform such ceremonies, which are incompatible with their believes, is just left wing bigotry. The church of England has already conceded defeat to the left on this matter.
That's interesting. I have wondered how slippery a slope that is. My dad has been a pastor for quite a few years and he turns down heterosexual couples. It ferls like we are a long way from that point but maybe it is just a matter of people crying loud enough.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
to hell with this 'gay couples can't have babies' argument. if two queer women who are in love get married, one of them could get knocked up through artificial insemination. or surrogacy, which queer men and women alike have both done.

My opinion on all this is we over complicate things. I don't think the government ought to be marrying anyone. Leave that to religious institutions. Then those institutions can make the rules they want and adults can be apart of whatever institution they want. What about taxes you ask? I'm for straight tax. What about health insurance? If employers want to add a +1, I should be able to add grandma if I want. Kids are a no brainer. I should be able to have whoever I want making my medical decisions and that problem goes way beyond sexual proclivities anyway. Just my two cents worth. We are way past the type of limited government I desire so my opinion is as irrelevant as it can possibly be. Carry on with your law=heart debates.
Sean has some good points here, if I understand his post correctly.

When the whole gay marriage issue first started I thought that the best solution was for the government to get out of the marriage business.

If adults wanted to get married they could do so at their own will without government approval. They could be married in a civil ceremony, religious ceremony or even at the House of Pancakes.

That way no one could claim marriage was unfairly restricted as any adult couple, including gays could be married. And churches wouldn't be forced to violate their own religious beliefs by marrying gay couples.

As fair as tax and other benefits for marriage couples goes, that should be changed to include any people who live together as a couple (a couple could be platonic)

I did vote for gay marriage in my state but I think getting the government out of the marriage business would have been a better and fairer solution.