Inherent Vice

Tools    

Yeah, I was also thinking about that. It's a sign of "trust" in the film that they are releasing it in december.
Yeah I am hoping Warner Bros. were impressed so gave him December, like The Master was pretty early I think, quite limited and didn't get much attention from audiences or from the Academy aside from the acting categories.

Yeah, maybe the Academy will nominate Phoenix again... and then give it somebody else. Again.
Believe Miss Vicky. Believe.

That poster is pretty bland, the Book's cover was better.
It's only a fan poster (and not a real good one, in my opinion). The real poster hopefully will lean more towards the one from the book. I love that one too!

Finished here. It's been fun.
I suppose its too early to call the shots, but this will be the best film of 2014 and a potential masterpiece.

Sucks we have to wait allll the way until December to see it though.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
When you put it that way, it must be at least one of two things: the winner of next year's Oscar Best Picture Corrections, MoFo Style, or the Biggest Disappointment of the Year.

When you put it that way, it must be at least one of two things: the winner of next year's Oscar Best Picture Corrections, MoFo Style, or the Biggest Disappointment of the Year.
You're right. PTA has a lot to live up to with this film.

He will succeed with flying colors, though.

Yeah, maybe the Academy will nominate Phoenix again... and then give it to somebody else. Again.
I know, right?

This is by far one of my most anticipated films of the year. Maybe Phoenix will finally get his long deserved Oscar.

There has been a screening and here is one of the first impressions:

http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-i...l-skip-cannes/

Looks promising.
I don't ever get truly excited about a PTA film, but this quote "Mix together The Big Lebowski and Altman‘s The Long Goodbye, turn it into a two-and-a-half hour PT Anderson epic and you’re getting close to the awesome experience of Inherent Vice" piqued my interest.

Maybe I'll actually genuinely enjoy an Anderson film, for once. Maybe.

Must be doin sumthin right
There has been a screening and here is one of the first impressions:

http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-i...l-skip-cannes/

Looks promising.
^^^ Sounds exactly like what everyone has been saying it would be like.

Miss Vicky have you seen all of Anderson's movies?

Cannot wait. I was already excited but that blurb ramped it up about 1000%. Hopefully this won't upset MV but Phoenix is giving off a little Sean Penn vibe in that pic.

Miss Vicky have you seen all of Anderson's movies?
No, nor will I.

I've seen Punch Drunk Love, Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood and The Master. I enjoyed the performances in The Master, but didn't enjoy the movie itself. The rest of them I didn't like at all.

I haven't liked what movies I've seen from him (The Master and TWBB). I find the musical score too out of place which in turn makes me feel awkward and on edge when watching simple scenes.

Will give this one a try though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
No, nor will I.

I've seen Punch Drunk Love, Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood and The Master. I enjoyed the performances in The Master, but didn't enjoy the movie itself. The rest of them I didn't like at all.
Try Magnolia. That's the one of his that I do like.