'Ground Zero mosque'

Tools    

Boy, that's a lot of reading. I hate when threads turn into big debates like these, I never wanna read all the stuff I missed.

This:

is Right!

Hmmm... a bit harsh, don't you think? I thought maybe a FEW BLOCKS FURTHER WOULD'VE BEEN FINE.

You know, I don't much give a damn if they build the mosque or don't build it. Let the New Yorkers duke it out.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The owners should take the higher ground and not build it there. That would be a constructive good good-faith gesture. Otherwise, it's gonna start trouble.

You know, I don't much give a damn if they build the mosque or don't build it. Let the New Yorkers duke it out.
What a strange comment... you say it almost as if New York is another country and not even really part of the US...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BTW, we've already discussed this in great detail. I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the thread at all.

And it's actually a mosque inside a community center, so the distinction isn't meaningful.

[intermission]

my god. i think Cries&Whispers and Planet News have written more in one post than I can ever top. this goes down in the record books. when you guys get done with your books, let me know when i can pick it up @ Barnes & Nobles!

[/intermission]

Looks like the Ground Zero mosque is trying to get a 5 million dollar grant from the 9/11 fund.

These people have some nerve. I don't see them getting approved.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Originally Posted by Gunny
Looks like the Ground Zero mosque is trying to get a 5 million dollar grant from the 9/11 fund.

These people have some nerve. I don't see them getting approved.
um

muslims died in the attacks. anyway for the 500th time, its a community centre that will have rooms set aside for prayer service.

Gunny, im surprised. i figured you for a Constitunionalist sorta fellow.

Semper Fooey
They shouldn't get no grant to help build it. They have a constittional right to build it, but not with taxpayer dollars and they won't.

Agreed. They have a right to build it, but it's in terrible taste, and they don't have a right to have it publicly funded.

I should add that their right to build it is also assuming that the body which approves or rejects these sorts of applications is being run fairly and evenly. I'm not entirely sure that it is, from what I've heard, but it's worth mentioning that any issue of legality or fair play makes that assumption.

There's no way they approve 5 million for this Ground Zero mosque. That would be terribly wrong.

The fact that they're actually applying for it is disturbing to me.

I don't know how bad "terrible" is, but it's even more tasteless and ill-advised than trying to build it at all, and it's kind of mind-blowing that they'd apply for it after all the fervor the project's already been met with for merely existing.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
is it tasteless for there to be Japanese shops in and around Pearl Harbor ?

because there is. And business is boomen.