"Outbreak" A Fan-Fic Series

Tools    

A new fan-fic series that I plan on doing. A new chapter each day. All leading up to the end of the world. This is how it ends.

Prologue:

“I knew it was going to end like this. The day that it started, I knew there would be no hope for humanity. At least now I can be reunited with my family, and with my friends. I didn’t suspect that he’d go crazy though. I mean he’s the one that really just finished us off. I don’t think anyone would’ve expected him to be a traitor. I don’t blame him though. He was going crazy in here like the rest of us. It was only a matter of time. I wish that I could’ve had more time though. There were still so many more things in life that I wanted to do. The virus just spread like a wildfire. It just came out of nowhere. God was punishing us for what we did. What we did to his planet. At least that’s what the religious nuts were calling it. I knew from the start that it was Armageddon. That there was no hope left for us. I wish I could’ve done more things in my life though. I should’ve been more outgoing. God, I just don’t want it to end like this. Seeing as I’m trapped in here now, it doesn’t matter. I might as well end it off fast for me, because I know I won’t last long in here. I’m making this tape, but no one will ever be left to hear it. Maybe someone will be able to survive this, and if they do, I hope they find this tape. This is Alan Boyle, signing off. God help us all.”

Interesting.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

What you talking about me for?
seriously, I didn't think I would have done enough to warrant a fan-fic to be written about my exploits. But I am greatly honoured, I'm sure

and jsyk... usually the story starts somewhere at the beginning ... is that the prologue or the epilogue?, because the epilogue is at the end

chapter 1:

April 16.

“Alan, how are you doing buddy?”

‘Aow do you think i’m doing, seth? I just got back from my girlfriend’s funeral. I mean, i never expected anything like this to happen. There’s just so much hate in this world, and i don’t know how anyone can truly love living in this world. Death everyday, a lot of which is murder. There’s just so much hate in this world: I mean i’m an optimistic person, but i’m beginning to lose it.”

“Everything’s going to be alright, Alan.”

“You’re my friend, Seth. You have to say that. You’re supposed to comfort me in these situations. If i hadn’t asked her to go out and get some more milk that night, she’d still be alive right now. It’s my fault that she’s dead, Seth. Can’t you see that?”

“Don’t! It is not your fault; it was that damn drunk driver’s fault. You can’t blame yourself for that.”

The two remain sitting on a bed. Alan’s girlfriend has just died. Someone then knocks on the door.

“Alan. Alan, are you in there?”

“Yeah, Bruce, he’s in here. What do you want?” Seth replied.

“I wanted to ask him if he’s still going to work tonight. If not, I’m basically there by myself. I’m fine if he doesn’t want to though, i mean after everything he’s been through these past few days," Bruce then says back.

“Don’t worry, Bruce, i’ll be there tonight,” Alan quickly replied.

“Okay, sounds good buddy,” Bruce shouted back.

When Alan gets into his car that night before he goes to work, he starts to hear sometime in the bushes. He starts to walk over there, but then looks at the time and quickly runs to his car so he won’t be late. When he pulls up the used dvd store, he notices only one car in the parking lost. The one car belongs to his other co-worker, Bruce.

“Oh, great. It’s going to be another slow night here. It gives me time to think at least, and i can get caught up with Bruce now. At least i don’t have to deal with a bunch of screaming customers now,” Alan says quietly to himself.

He hears the fain sound of Jimi Hendrix’s ‘All Along The Watchtower’ as he walks into the store. He then sees his friend sitting behind the counter watching tv.

Alan then questions, “what are you watching, Bruce?”

“I don’t know, really. All i know is that they’re playing ‘All Along The Watchtower’, and I’m watching it,” Bruce replies.

“Turn the channel to something that might actually be helpful, Bruce. You can listen to this song whenever you want, but you can’t know what’s going on in the world listening to music. There might be a story focusing on that outbreak that sweeping across europe. They’re calling it ‘the apocalypse’. I mean seriously, who believes in that stuff. Even if i am loosing faith in this world, i sure as hell don’t believe the world is coming to an end. We’ll find a cure to it, like we always seem to do. Hopefully it won’t get over here in the us though. I mean, it probably will eventually, but by that time, there should be a cure for it, right?”

“I don’t know, Alan. This seems to be pretty serious. I’m glad you’re focusing on something else, though. It’s good for you. I’m sure she didn’t want you to completely loose faith in humanity over her death. Here, let’s change this channel and get your mind on this epidemic thing, Alan.”

Bruce then changes the channel to the closest news channel. Upon clicking to this channel, they suddenly see chaos everywhere.

“Bruce, cut it up now.” Alan demands towards Bruce.

The news then starts to come out to them.

“this is Erika Depth, and i’m here for your local news. As you can see behind me, the local hospital has turned into complete chaos. Everyone just suddenly got up and killing each other. We have the captain of police right here with us, with some of his men, trying to hold these things back, so we can report this to you. They’re saying these things are like zombies. The epidemic from europe seems to have somehow spread over here. I don’t know how this happened. They’re saying to say indoors and lock all windows and doors. If you can, try and get some weapons just incase you come into contact with one of these things. The police are saying that, if you can, try and reach the police station. Help is waiting there for you. The apocalypse is here. Try to love these last days that we have here on this planet. Oh god, i’m braking down here. I want to thank everyone for watching me these past few years. I’ve truly enjoyed informing you of the news. This is Erika Depth, signing off for the very last time.”

The two men just stood there in horror engrossed in the television. They know they have to get out of there now, because it won’t be long before things start to appear. Bruce starts looking around for something.

“Bruce, what the hell are you doing? We have to get the hell out of here, and try for the police station. Didn’t you just hear the news? That’s the safest place to be right now. So come on, we have to go,” alan was frantically uttering.

While still looking, Bruce retorted, “hold on for a second, Alan. I’m looking for the shotgun that we keep here incase of a robbery. Right now, we need that more than anything. After i find it we can go, okay?”

“Okay, Bruce.”

Very happily, bruce shouted, “got it! Lets’ go.”

The two then head towards the car. While starting to drive away though, they see a huge crowd of people behind them. The mobs are starting. They still continue forward, because they desperately need to get to the police station.

“So Bruce, the apocalypse has truly begun?” Alan says in terror.
ff