( My personal) 100 Top-Movies

→ in
Tools    

You can`t compare a stroke of genius like Matrix to these movies. Does that make sense to you?
Not really.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
Actually, I kind of have a similar thing going on when it comes to my favourite movie. I frequently cite The Blues Brothers as my all-time favourite movie, despite the fact that I'm aware that it's not exactly a great movie, or even that great a comedy (something like Monty Python and the Holy Grail gets more laughs out of me), but Blues Brothers is just a solid movie that I grew up on and can more or less enjoy the same all the time.

Generally I like realistic movies... I enjoy movies like Blue Crush, Independence Day, Keeping the Faith and Old School, because the make my feel better.
Oh, realistic films like those, y'mean?

Employee of the Month
Oh, realistic films like those, y'mean?

Got me. But you cut the part inbetween. To make my point clear:
I am talking about a realistic look. Most of my favorite movies have a realistic look - with a shiny, movie-magic-plus. And the protagonists are acting comprehensible most of the time.

Super list, I enjoyed look throught it.

Last Action Hero: I really loved seeing this film make your list.
Cube: Low Budget, minimalistic set design and characters you can sink your teeth into.
Unknown: This was dissapointing should have been better in the end the script let it down. The acting was great.
Three Kings: I've flirted with the idea of putting this film in my top 100 so many times. It's so enjoyable. The mixture of extreme reality and surreal overdose is so unusual yet so fitting.
Mystic River: Within my memory this film gets stronger and stronger. Yet i've only seen it once.
Lord of War: Glad to see another movie lover liking this. It's amazing how bad Cage can be and how great Cage can be, sometimes within the same year.
Terminator II: I can't remember the amount of times i've fallen out of favour with this film and then to reexam and revaluated it, right now it's in my good books.

Great list! I haven't seen all of these yet so I guess I have a bit of "work" to do. I just saw number 68, The Island and I really loved that one. It had a few continuity problems and inconsistencies but it was great to watch. Definitely worth watching a few times!

I take it you like Edward Norton, you are good in my book

Employee of the Month
Mystic River: Within my memory this film gets stronger and stronger. Yet i've only seen it once.
You should see it again, and as soon as you can. Have watched it last week for the fourth time and I was impressed as always. I don`t know much about Boston, but some really great movies are taking place there.
If you had enjoyed Mystic River, I also would recommend Gone Baby Gone and Departed to you.

Employee of the Month
I take it you like Edward Norton, you are good in my book
One of the best actors of his generation. He is able to play the average guy and the weirdo - in some movies he does it at the same time! I actually don`t know anyone, who can`t stand him.