Coronavirus

Tools    

Over half a million cases worldwide now and some people are finding it amusing to 'pretend cough' at people. There are no words to describe just how pathetic such individuals are.

The government's package for the poor here is for three months.

I listened to few other authorities and experts and they are implying long time.

Even the press conferences from Singapore, who by the way are handling this admirably, are looking at this as a long thing.

I get a sense that we might be in this till something as long as early June, unless we are fortunate and find a specific cure before that.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Still required to come into work, here. We have a lot of space between everyone and there's not that many of us to begin with, but it would be nice to have an employer that didn't think this was a hoax. At least traffic is crazy smooth the last week or so. WOW! That has gone a long way to reduce morning/evening stress just being able to enter highway traffic without issue.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

As someone who has dry allergy coughs for near all of winter this year I kept hearing the term don't cough in your hands or or sneeze in them and to me that's yuck and why would you when have a hankerchief. And that usually an allergy sneeze which well is allot at once so when done get a new clean hanky. With an allergy cough you don't really have any mucus so its nothing but noise so nothing goes on your hankerchief.

People will say Hankerchief's carry germs its why you get white ones and clean in oxy clean an bleach. To be honest best invention in all germ issues is hand wipes over hand santizer . I never figured why a persons hands should be considered safe by putting aloe vera looking gunk on your hands.

Just wash ever time you gonna eat and after you the lou. But my sister is germ scared and needs all kind of odd things when washing is enough. What my ramble today is for. Nothing just that invest in hankerchiefs if going out and gonna sneeze or think will. Never cough at anyone joke or other wise cause rude and just keep your hands clean.

Still required to come into work, here. We have a lot of space between everyone and there's not that many of us to begin with, but it would be nice to have an employer that didn't think this was a hoax. At least traffic is crazy smooth the last week or so. WOW! That has gone a long way to reduce morning/evening stress just being able to enter highway traffic without issue.
Don't forget to slow down when approaching the occasional green light though or whenever normality is returned it'll be that much more of a culture shock for you

Off topic, but branching off Ned's post, when I was in grade school I used to make puppet rabbits out of handkerchiefs.

Off topic, but branching off Ned's post, when I was in grade school I used to make puppet rabbits out of handkerchiefs.
Oh Em Gee, what a small world - when younger I used to make puppet handkerchiefs out of rabbits

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Currently in the U.S.

Coronavirus cases: 75,665

Deaths: 1,100, R.I.P.

Recovered: 1,863

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

If these numbers are correct, it would appear the number of those recovering from the virus is greater than the number of those dying.

I think I said that should be a good sign from virus positive and that number is what you want see rise in the term recovering. But I imagine Arizona Texas and California will recover more faster because get hot faster then the east does but we have heat haze and no its not LA smog. Its when its hot you see waves in the air from heat.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It finally happened, been laid off.

The wife is considering going back to work early to help with some financial troubles. She's still on maternity leave.

Suspect's Reviews

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Our guy at work came back positive

To anyone being glib about this, I hope you don't ever need a ventilator you won't be able to get.

You ready? You look ready.
Over half a million cases worldwide now and some people are finding it amusing to 'pretend cough' at people. There are no words to describe just how pathetic such individuals are.
Best watch out: That's how ya get brought up on terrorism charges.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I think I said that should be a good sign from virus positive and that number is what you want see rise in the term recovering. But I imagine Arizona Texas and California will recover more faster because get hot faster then the east does but we have heat haze and no its not LA smog. Its when its hot you see waves in the air from heat.
It's not proven that warm weather will kill CV or even slow it down. It might cause more people to gather in groups and further spread it.

Currently in the U.S.

Coronavirus cases: 75,665

Deaths: 1,100, R.I.P.

Recovered: 1,863

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

If these numbers are correct, it would appear the number of those recovering from the virus is greater than the number of those dying.
Oh, geez, I'd sure hope so. Some of the more pessimistic death rates are a few percentage points, though by "recovered" do you mean only among those who had to be hospitalized?

The wife is considering going back to work early to help with some financial troubles. She's still on maternity leave.
Sorry dude. Hang in there. We're getting some slivers of good news that suggest this level of disruption might be weeks and not months, at least.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. =\ Doesn't seem appropriate to click the like button to show some kind of support/sympathy, but this needs to be acknowledged somehow. Post is all I know what to.

=\

It's not proven that warm weather will kill CV or even slow it down. It might cause more people to gather in groups and further spread it.
Yeah, this is speculation at best, and we already have some rough data to suggest this is not the case, or at least not at all something to rely on.

Insofar as people want to just be cautiously optimistic, okay, but nobody should behave as if anything like this will help us or save us.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

Sorry to hear about this. I would immediately apply for unemployment or worker's comp.

Like with flu just because have something doesnt mean that case means your dead. I know its not a Flu but Im lets say speaking in hope term here. Every person is different like DNA and a finger print.

So one flu virus can effect people differently. I have no record or charts Im going by my gut here I think extreme heat or cold will kill this virus. Or Virus like all things has a course and it will run out.

Oh back to my Persons different deal. What I mean is some yes well get sick and cant withstand and attack like this virus because immune system is ****.

But I think some people have bad cases and some have mild. Im just saying if get the virus your life isnt over. You can still come back. Stay strong and never give up on hope on anything.