Coronavirus

Tools    

Is there any point to getting tested other than for statistical reasons? As I understand it, there’s nothing one can do if one tests positive other than to self-quarantine. If one’s nearest hospital does not have a respirator, then there’s no point going there.

Is my understanding correct?

Is there any point to getting tested other than for statistical reasons? As I understand it, there’s nothing one can do if one tests positive other than to self-quarantine. If one’s nearest hospital does not have a respirator, then there’s no point going there.

Is my understanding correct?

I guess it depends on one's perception of things. I can tell you I am extremely relieved to know I'm negative but if positive I would have wanted to know as well. As far as my actions go I can go out for necessaries when needed instead of sending my wife out. Saying that I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

The test itself is a nightmare (for me anyway) worse than any shot I got growing up.

⬆️ Oh, my, I would hate this test. For some reason I thought they simply swabbed both nostrils.

The London Subway this morning. Insanity.

Boris Johnson is now enforcing a lockdown & I wish my fellow Brits the best of luck.

Another problem with testing: you could test negative today (and thus proceed onward thinking you're not a vector) and be positive tomorrow (after having picked up a germ somewhere along the way).

⬆️ Exactly. And one might become overly complacent with a negative result thinking mistakenly that one need no longer worry.

I’ve been reading that some truckers are having difficulty finding food on the road. So many restaurants have gone drive-thru only &, obviously, a truck can’t go through a drive-thru. Some restaurants, but not the majority, are meeting the truckers curbside & handing them a meal. For heaven’s sake, how do people think we are getting supplies if not for truckers?

@Stirchley

It's very important I go to one of the appointments. I need the medication shot to get by. If I don't have it, I will be extremely miserable. I normally do the shot and my general checkup appointment together. I can just go in and get my shot this time. Not sure when my doctor will request my next bloodwork.

I’ve been reading that some truckers are having difficulty finding food on the road. So many restaurants have gone drive-thru only &, obviously, a truck can’t go through a drive-thru. Some restaurants, but not the majority, are meeting the truckers curbside & handing them a meal. For heaven’s sake, how do people think we are getting supplies if not for truckers?
I had that problem the first day with Dunkin' Donuts and ended up walking to the window, but I have all my spots sorted out since. But I go to the same areas every week, it's still a problem for folks venturing into unfamiliar territory.

Are liquor stores staying open? (They're kind of an "essential service" for some.)
Essential to parents who are stuck at home with their children

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Truck drivers are the backbone of industry. Without them the world would shut down.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Are liquor stores staying open? (They're kind of an "essential service" for some.)
Pennsylvania has state-run liquor stores. Those have all closed.

However, beer distributors currently remain open. My guess is that's because they also sell snacks and sodas and other drinks. Food businesses are all still open but are not allowed to have sit-down areas for people to congregate.

Truckers at regular truck stops can probably go in and do to-go orders at various spots. Or get out of their trucks and walk up to drive-thrus. SOME drive-thrus here in our area never accepted walk-ups to the windows (safety for everyone). Hubby just came back from a work trip across Ohio on their turnpike and all the rest areas were open. The food court dining areas were closed but you could still go in and order any of the food court foods to go.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
⬆️ Oh, my, I would hate this test. For some reason I thought they simply swabbed both nostrils.
I don't know which is more painful, the test or the virus. I think I'd rather get the virus.

Has anyone noticed there has been no crime. Or news on crime or drugs pushers or any violence. Im just concerned that you have a bunch of bad people somewhere who cant get near people and there are series killers and rapiest in the world. How long can that whole deal hold up until we get guns going off in some of these Nation Gaurd call to duty places by Donald Trump

Has anyone noticed there has been no crime. Or news on crime or drugs pushers or any violence. Im just concerned that you have a bunch of bad people somewhere who cant get near people and there are series killers and rapiest in the world. How long can that whole deal hold up until we get guns going off in some of these Nation Gaurd call to duty places by Donald Trump
There was an instant drop in crime right after 9/11 also (obviously, mostly in NYC).

Not to be a downer (or give anyone ideas) but I was thinking of this crisis in terms of terrorism also. The country is vulnerable on many levels. BUT without large gatherings there aren'y the TYPICAL targets available for terrorists - so that's good.

But, if on top of everything else right now, they were to create a scare by trying to poison reservoirs, food at supermarkets, or just send some powder through the mail - even just a couple scares (whether real or not) right now could send things over the edge.

And then there's the idea of attacking hospitals. Okay, I should stop because I have a whole lot of even more insidious ideas.

(Remember after 9/11 they actually asked movie buffs and creative writers to submit ideas on terror attacks to help national security think outside the box? I never did get an address on where to submit ideas to - plus, with my luck, the FBI would probably show up at my door and arrest me for seditious writings!)

Im talking about the fact your asking people not to commit crimes and its probably not been any killings or muggings this month. The crazy people that kill and do bad things just cant stop. Theres gonna be lots of crime when the green light goes on for people to do normal things.