Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Tools    

No, she's more relaxed because the pills she takes stop her dreaming. That means she can sleep without fear and, therefore, has control. This, along with what she's learnt and her maturity, means she has confidence.

No, she's more relaxed because the pills she takes stop her dreaming. That means she can sleep without fear and, therefore, has control. This, along with what she's learnt and her maturity, means she has confidence.
Still, she's going up against a man who can kill you when you go to sleep. That's some confidence.

I find her maturity and her ability to handle everything -- and even the fact that she's this grad school superstar/doctor/assistant whatever -- a little unreal. The film takes place only six years after Nightmare 1. She's only in her early 20's. She doesn't seem like it (even though she really is in real life.) I think they advanced her too much.

In Wes Craven's original script for Nightmare 3, Nancy wasn't on this becoming-a-doctor path at all --- she wasn't really doing anything except driving around the country trying to locate her father. She eventually meets Neil (he helps her after she has car trouble) and he takes her to the hospital and asks her to become an assistant for him out of nowhere. That's all kinda dumber than Nancy on her own path to becoming a doctor, but still it shows that even Wes Craven didn't feel that Nancy would become the person she is in Nightmare 3.

She's really kinda wild in the first Nightmare with her behaviors and the things she does. She's smart, yes, but also kinda crazy. At least she gets even crazier after her friends start dying. She's bold. She's not really afraid of looking silly. Sometimes you can see this in Nightmare 3 -- but she's so different, too.

And why would she go to college and grad school to study "pattern nightmares" -- and even ACE it and get honors and become a "superstar" and all that? This is a chick who battled a dead guy that killed her friends, and even her mother, in their sleep! No textbook in the world is gonna have a chapter on undead killers killing people in their dreams. My point is Nancy knows that the world does not work in a way that everyone else thinks it does -- Nancy has encountered supernatural elements that change history and certainly changes what people know about dreams. I can't imagine that such a person would go on to become a grad school superstar in dream research! In order to do such a thing, I think you'd have to agree with what doctors and everybody believe about dreams -- how Nancy could accept natural beliefs vs. her own supernatural beliefs and go on to become a whiz kid in the field ... I don't really buy it.

Someone like her should be crazy or in a nut house. I mean, seriously -- how do you function in the world after dealing with something like Freddy Krueger? Wes Craven originally wrote her still a little wild (chasing after her father on the road, going nowhere basically) but out of a nut house, at least.

So, this calm, relaxed, super intelligent Nancy doesn't seem real to me. She's like a robot.

And she's still easily fooled by Freddy pretending to be her father? Again, in Wes Craven's script, she wasn't fooled. She used the trick as an opportunity to try and kill Freddy -- she still ended up getting killed anyway -- but she knew it was him.

The Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Nancy that they gave us just isn't really what she should be, as far as I am concerned.

I can't believe I just wrote a very lengthy response to Honeykid without including a Whoopi Goldberg picture.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I would probably say that the third "A Nightmare on the Elm Street," is the most intricately embroidered of the series, that is, I think it was the first time that Freddy was truly allowed to have the special-effects to do his work, however, I don't think that it was as good as the original, or Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Kristin is new Nancy. Love her.