The MoFo Top 100 of the Forties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hideko the Bus-Conductor was the 25th film on my list. Hideko Takamine is so cute in it. After I watched it, I wrote:
Hideko's smile at the end. I watch movies for moments like this.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I am quickly posting something from the library.

You're off to a blazing start, SV! It's exceedingly nice of you to have taken on this project. And it's very much appreciated..
Thanks! And Happy Belated Birthday, by the way!!

My 1-pointer didn't make this list, so at least one other person had it on their list. Hopefully that means that it made the countdown, but it's a movie that I rarely hear anyone talk about nowadays, so it's probably a long shot at best.
It is funny that you say that you really don't hear anyone talk about it nowadays because it is a film that my mother has talked about so often. In fact, she even asked if anyone had it on their list.

My predictions for 100 and 99

Sergeant York and Miss Miniver
I was going to ask yesterday if anyone had any predictions for today. Those are two very good films to name.

Is anyone else going to take a chance and say what they think might be the first two films to appear on the countdown?

I know I said that I would be on here to reveal the films everyday between 5-6 PM unless there were unforeseeable circumstances. Well, today there just happened to be an unforeseeable circumstance. I had to get my brakes taken care of (a broken brake line, to be exact). I JUST got out of there (I was there for about 4 hours because of the wait to get looked at and then get it fixed). Anyway, I have a bunch of things that I still have to get taken care of today (never planned on that much time being spent there today ). So, there is the chance I can get home and get this done by 5-6, but let's play it safe and say between 6-7. If I get home before then, I will do the reveal right away. But let's just assume the later time for now.

Sorry about that, guys!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
that's rough, needs must, so no worries, SV

~100~

Director: Robert Wise
Producer: Val Lewton
Distributor: RKO Pictures

34 Points - 2 Lists
(8th; 10th)

Body Snatcher? I didn't see no stinkin Body Snatcher. That's one I have to watch already to get my 100%.
That's what you get for working so hard and trying to show the rest of us up.

~99~

Director: Victor Fleming
Producer: Victor Saville
Distributor: MGM

34 Points - 3 Lists
(11th; 16th; 17th)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
holy *****, @cricket, I went to see your list and there are a number of 100% and a couple just short of -- you maniac
He's the wanna be mark and Holden Pike.

Body Snatcher? I didn't see no stinkin Body Snatcher. That's one I have to watch already to get my 100%.
It is pretty good. I read the story, too (which I like even better - for me, it is almost a perfect horror story), but the film is good. I think you would like it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Haven't seen Body Snatcher either, been curious to.
Have seen Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. VERY good version.

Seen: 1/2

List:
#25 Arch of Time 1 Pointer

Yezzir, film from my list has already made an appearance !!! The Body Snatcher was my NO.10 . It is precisely what I like in my horror. Really great story, heavily reliant on ominous atmosphere and a great performance by Boris Karloff. The final carriage scene is beyond chilling and will definitely stay with me for a while. I'm glad to see that film of Val Newton's production received some recognition.