Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
T2, what a great action flick. Nothing beats the first one though. Fond memories of seeing it when I was only 10.

Terminator 2 is definitely good, but I like the first one better. Arnold is much more effective as the villain than the hero to me, at least in this series.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
T2 is one of the greatest action movies ever made, suprised to see it so low.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Okay, I need to put myself together and revisit the first one. I like/love both movies, but always found the sequel to be superior. I think the first one was the one I saw first back in my childhood, but both were a pretty prominent part of it. I see all this discussion of which is best that I really wanna be certain when I pick a side.

But who knows, even with a rewatch it might be hard to pick a side... the Alien films seem to switch back and forth every time I watch them - and I have watched each at least 7 times or so.

I've no knowledge of The Lucky Ones.
T1 and T2 are almost on a par for me, marginal preference for the original though the sequel does have superior effects.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
117. The General

My favorite Buster Keaton film and one that I believe is very important to the history of film. The stunts are incredible and the chuckles are certainly there. I'll have more to say when I rewatch it for the director dissection certainly as it will then be more fresh in my mind.

The General is pretty great. As you know from you and Sean's thread i preferred the only other Keaton i've seen The Cameraman after watching it the other day because i found it funnier. I agree that The General is more impressive though.

116. Moonrise Kingdom

Once thought I would never like Wes Anderson. And while he isn't an absolute favorite, boy was I wrong... Here's my HOF post:
Moonrise Kingdom

I nominated this movie because it is a symbol for me of not giving up on a director. In years past I really didn't care for Wes Anderson, after seeing The Royal Tenenbaums and The Grand Budapest Hotel which are two movies that I really didn't care for at all. Yet I still seem to have movies from certain directors that I don't highly care for in which I like. I'm a bit of a Kubrick hater, but I really like Lolita and can appreciate 2001 for masterful filmmaking. Lynch has never been my guy but Eraserhead and Elephant Man are excellent. Tarantino has Jackie Brown which is his surprising favorite for me. And PTA has Magnolia. I almost gave up on Anderson but then there is a film like this which I really like (I also like Rushmore and Fox as well).

For Andersons quirkiness to work, I have to appreciate the story, and in this one, I do. I can somewhat relate to the characters feelings in this film. No, it's not realistic by any stretch of the imagination, but its a engaging story for me. I really like the characters , specifically Scout Master Ward and Suzy. Norton can be good if he's given the right role and I think Kara Hayward will be a star in the future.

We've already talked about the cinematography and camerawork, but I really think it's excellent. I love the vibrant colors that Wes Anderson uses to draw attention to his settings. The music and soundtrack and rock solid as well.

It's not anything I would call a masterpiece, but it tells me that deep down every filmmaker is capable of great things. Well, most of them anyways. Anderson, after starting 0-2 for me is now 3 for 5 and I'm looking forward to seeing a few more of his other films. This one will place really low (and Sean is to blame for it ) but i hope that everyone can use this as a way of not giving up on directors or genres just because you didn't like the other films.

Moonrise is so great. It's my third fave Wes after Fantastic Mr Fox and Rushmore. Remember being very pleased when you nominated it for the 11th as i thought you did or would have disliked it.

Miss Vicky will be along to be wrong shortly i'm guessing.

Never seen either of those. I'm a luddite

Ah yeah. You will be loving Tennenbaums before it's all said and done.
Me? I've seen it three times and that hasn't happened yet. And my one watch of Budapest did nothing.