Thor: Ragnarok

→ in
Tools    

Unfortunately this thread has had absolutely NO attention since the announcement of the movie's title...a year ago, I figured the announcement that The Hulk WILL be in Thor: Ragnarok in a prominent role would maybe get at least someone excited.

Not entirely sure why anyone would care.
The Thor films are weak, and adding Hulk to a third outing just seems desperate. This Hulk is also a product of everything wrong with the series so far too.

Ang Lee's Hulk was awful, and was rebooted with Norton in the role... then had to be redone again with Ruffalo when Norton didn't want to play second fiddle to other actors.

The Thor films are weak, and adding Hulk to a third outing just seems desperate. This Hulk is also a product of everything wrong with the series so far too.

Ang Lee's Hulk was awful, and was rebooted with Norton in the role... then had to be redone again with Ruffalo when Norton didn't want to play second fiddle to other actors.
The one with Norton is by far the best ever tho

Nobody beats Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. As for what Rodent stated, the Thor films aren't that bad and Hulk's involvement has been speculated for a while now. I am looking forward to this.

Nobody beats Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. As for what Rodent stated, the Thor films aren't that bad and Hulk's involvement has been speculated for a while now. I am looking forward to this.
Norton is better than Ruffalo as Hulk... he's way more credible

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I have never had any desire to see the Thor films. Natalie Portman is one of the most gorgeous people ever and that still didn't persuade me to watch the first one until it came on tv.

I will go see this. I can already tell you how great this one will be. Call Marvel what you want, make your snarky comments about the caliber of film they are; this one is going to be great.

This story, with the arguably the hottest character going in the MCU is going to be off-the-charts. The Ragnarok is going to allow Hulk to smash...a lot. I didn't give a snit about Ragnarok, until now.

I will go see this. I can already tell you how great this one will be. Call Marvel what you want, make your snarky comments about the caliber of film they are; this one is going to be great.

This story, with the arguably the hottest character going in the MCU is going to be off-the-charts. The Ragnarok is going to allow Hulk to smash...a lot. I didn't give a snit about Ragnarok, until now.
What doubledenim said.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Love relation they try to force on us ruined second movie for me. First was just bad. This one might be fun, who knows... All we have is that Hulk will be in it, nothing special, not like we didn't see Hulk with others.

Definitely going to see it, i think that the two other movies were ok, if you don't watch them then there are important things that you would not know in the avengers 2 or, definitely in the 3rd part. Its all related. And i think Mark Ruffalo is the best as Hulk.

I know they keep denying this but my guess is the Guardians have to bring Hulk back To earth in order too stop Thanos. Even if Hulk is not in Guardians 2 maybe the Guardians will Open Avenger 3 Part 1 with them finding Hulk in Arena on some planet and then we next see the Guardians arrive on earth at the Middle of Avengers 3 Part 2 and Hulk is the secret weapon Iron Man may be meaning all along that they need too save the planet.

Too bad about what they did to the Abomination in that, tho.
I mean, the comic character was always freakishly awesome and would've translated to special effects so well.

Instead we got what looked like a creamy-colored, bald-headed wrestler dude with a pronounced spine and sternum. Nothing like the cool, mean, green, two-toed, semi-reptilian with the fangs, webbed-ears and knobs on his head from the comics!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

Man your Marvel hate really is strong Rodent.

Well I certainly care. For a start I love the first Thor film. And I don't see how this seems desperate. I also don't really get what you mean by "everything wrong" with the series. For a start Ang Lee's Hulk is not actually part of the MCU. The 2008 film wasn't a sequel to that, it was a completely new entity. It's the same way that Batman Begins was in no way related to Batman & Robin.

Anyway I've long hoped tor Marvel to come up with some smaller team-ups away from the Avengers films; a Black Widow and Hawkeye film for example. And this duo seems like a good place to start. The interaction between the two characters has resulted in a few very entertaining and memorable moments in the series so far. While Hemsworth and Ruffalo seem to share a really nice comic chemistry. By separating those two characters from the larger group it might also allow them to be unleashed to their full potential. In the Avengers films I feel at times their power has been kept in check somewhat to spread the glory around. But perhaps the best thing about this team-up? That by sending Hulk out into space and the wider galaxy it opens up the enticing prospect of a Planet Hulk film.

And I don't know where you picked up the idea that it was Norton who called it a day. It was Marvel who made the decision to recast as they apparently weren't happy with the production of the film and the end result.

I know the Norton and Bana Hulks were different... what I was saying, is that they screwed up, then had to start again, then they screwed up again.

I don't hate Marvel... it's just they've made a ton of interconnected movies, and only 2 of them are worth the time to sit through.
The first Iron Man movie and Guardians Of The Galaxy.

GotG is one of the best movies released since 2005, maybe even since 2000... and I'm gutted it's connected to MCU Phase 2.
GotG should be separate from the MCU, it's in a totally different league than the rest of the MCU.

I know they keep denying this but my guess is the Guardians have to bring Hulk back To earth in order too stop Thanos.

Bruce Banner never even left the planet, he was/is just in hiding.

GotG is one of the best movies released since 2005, maybe even since 2000... and I'm gutted it's connected to MCU Phase 2.
GotG should be separate from the MCU, it's in a totally different league than the rest of the MCU.
GOTG was a great movie but not that great, and GotG is directly linked with the MCU...(hint: infinity stone)

If Hulk is in Thor then he being Hulk may not be on earth. I am assuming that Thor will not be on earth if there is no Jane Foster so my guess is Hulk must have sent the craft back to earth but either was captured or some how ended up on a lesser Planet Thor went too.

... and GotG is directly linked with the MCU...(hint: infinity stone)

Yeah I know. That's what I said.

I'm gutted they've tied it in with a series of bland kids movies.

Isn't that what GotG is? That's the impression I got while watching it. The bland part is debatable, but I thought it was easily the most kid friendly movie of any Marvel production I've seen.