Adaptation

→ in
Tools    

Adaptation

DO TELL!!!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I still haven't been able to see Adaptation [while it has opened four hours away from me, both in northerly and easterly directions, it hasn't and won't be opening at my local cinema, and I don't know when I'm going to be in Adelaide or Melbourne next].

I will hopefully see it before the end of the year [I just realised how terrible that sounded]. Hopefully I will be able to see it before the end of its theatrical run, but I can't promise that.

Dwarf Tosser #1
I caught it the first chance I could on opening day here in Australia.

Brilliant film, I too hate reviewing films so i'm not going to try and woo you in to seeing it considering my limited filmic knowledge atm (i'm 16, gimme a break!).

The only down part of the film though (and this isn't the films fault ) was the audience. I attended a screening which for some reason decided to attract only those over the age of 60! Why? I haven't got a freakin clue. But they just sat there and were so drastically uninterested in everything, and they seemed to be completely and utterly confused especially when Donald (the second Nic. Cage character) was introduced. So I sat there laughing my arse off at the film, and would get evil stares from these geriatrics in the rows in front.

And of course I got the crying baby in my session... No not the young mother trying to get a moment out of the house! Rather the grandmother babysitting the kid and deciding the movies was the best place to occupy the time.

I'm mentioning all of this as a testament to the film, for the fact that I could still find it brilliant, entertaining, funny and poignant with all of these contributing outside factors.

I can't wait to see it again though with an appreciative audience.

If you get the chance, see it!

Warning: Avoid all matinees and sessions on pension day.

Adaptation is overrated, especially after the second viewing. Any and all comers, have at me. That means you, Jason.

Loved Adaptation!!! Nic Cage would be my pick for Best Actor this year(him, or Daniel Day Lewis, I can't decide). Cage's Kauffman is so neurotic, and then I realize how much he's like me and I can't help but feel for the guy. Top notch stuff all around. Go see and enjoy.

Dear Darlings,
Well we all thought Adaptation was superb. I can't do it justice, but my sis-in-law comes closer than some.
Try her review at

http://www.freelookbookstore.com/E-Zine/chick.html

Anyway, I loved it and everybody here loved it. But sis-in-law and I loved it best! (We're the writers.)

Love and kisses,
Jozie

A novel adaptation.
Adaptation is due out on DVD by May 20th 2003. And for all you HD nuts, it's coming out on SuperBit, which means we should all join in a joyous chorus of "SHAZZAM!" for DVD lovers everywhere. And for all you who do not know what SuperBit is, uhhhh... ask Holden.
Anyways, hopefully it'll be a double disc, as, despite the added quality, there will be little to no room for extras. Or at least, that's the way I've come to understand this whole thing.

Movie Explorer
I haven't seen this yet but I will. I heard how it's about the screenwriter of 'Being John Malkovich'. The concept sounds great since it's the screenwriter actually being played in the movie as a character and the events happening after the success of 'Being John Malkovich' which is a movie I enjoyed by the way. I'll be sure to watch 'Adaptation' the next time I visit Blockbuster Video.

Then don't go to Blockbuster Video again until the end of May: Adaptation makes its North American home video premiere on May 20th.

In fact, don't go back to Blockbuster again EVER. They really are the Evil Blue & Yellow Empire.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!
Is that creepy thing the jacket?
It was NOTHING like that.
Just a wierd, supergreat film, with Nicholas Cage doing
a wierd supergreat job.
Love & kisses,
Jozie

Esp. to the Greenguy ;-O

I See You When You're Sleeping
I totally agree. I loved Adaptation. I too got it from kazaa as it wasn't in the cinema here at the time. When it did get here though, it was only shown for about a week! People would rather watch 'The Core'.

I love it and will buy it.

groovy beyond belief. gonna buy it online, i mighta!

all my posts are sticks now. i like sticks.

I've just had a look at the adaptation dvd info and it's superbit, so no features?

link

Nope, none. Being John Malkovich was loaded, but Adaptaion. is stripped.

Best part of the packaging, however: the insert on the inside.

Being John Malkovich was by no means loaded. It had a strange little interview that basically told you nothing and wound up with Jonze vomiting over the road, and full screen versions of clips we saw within the movie. Then it just had the usual trailers and bios and things. Great movies, not exactly great packages.

Oh but "Being John Mal . ." was great also. Only dif. And that's what makes a memorable movie -- great AND dif! (Of course, I do like John Cusak) I do love wierd films!
Love to you all,
Jozie

(Geek -- I do like your quote about packaging. Soooo tru)

The Adventure Starts Here!
WARNING: "Adaptation" spoilers below
Doesn't anyone have anything more to say about this movie? I just saw it and it took me till the alligator showed up to realize that whole part once Don "helped" him write was a hokey Hollywood ending to get Charlie out of his ending-dilemma.

Hilarious plot twists. I kept sitting there thinking, "Why is this happening? This doesn't fit with the first part....

Then suddenly: DOH.

As a writer myself (and at least as insecure at Kaufman), I loved it.