Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

Psycho is another thing I should have seen by now but for whatever reason haven't

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
23. Gladiator

Love everything about this movie. The score and the cinematography are spectacular. I love Russell Crowe as Maximus and Phoenix's performance is fantastic as well. All the supporting roles were great as well. Ridley Scott's best film!

For what it is - a big budget blockbuster swords and sandals movie - it's a great watch. I like epic movies like this once in a while and Gladiator is definitely up there with the greatest of them, together with the likes of Braveheart. Good pick, raul!

Ridley Scott's best film? I don't know about that though.

22. Gran Torino

Should come as a surprise to nobody that I think Clint Eastwood is the man. I take this film as a tribute to his entire filmography and often wonder at one point if this was supposed to be his Swan song. Glad it wasn't and he's still making films. Acting wise, this is probably my favorite of his.

It was supposed to be his swan song to acting, but then someone lured him into another, lesser production to go out on. Shame.

Because yes, Gran Torino is GREAT. It's very much a tribute of such; a movie with a character that kind of reflects the type that Eastwood has played many times and became famous on - only older, more grumpy, and more bad-ass. Love it.

21. Silence of the Lambs

Love everything about this film. The atmsophere created is phenomenal, the script and the story are stellar. Of course it wouldn't be what it is without the great performances from Anthony Hopkins (who is one of my favorite screen villains ever) and Jodie Foster, who played her role as Clarice Starling beautifully. A well deserved movie that won the Oscar big 5.

Last time i watched Silence of the Lambs i didn't like it as much as i used to. Still good but i prefer Manhunter.
I like Lambs much better obviously, but I also liked Manhunter. For me, it's those ending scenes in Lambs that seal the deal.

20. Sansho the Bailiff

The most gutwrenching film that I have seen. Everything about the filmmaking is perfect and the movie is filmed beautifully. Mizoguchi is one of the more underrated directors and this is certainly his masterpiece.

I liked Ugetsu more the second time around, but Sansho is my favorite Mizoguchi so far. Though I think I've actually only seen 3 or 4. I'm excited to see more.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
looks like I just might make it for the final twenty. Just finished slavering this thread with reps. A lot of great movies I enjoy, some I haven't seen and a couple that I didn't care for; but then, that's what makes these so much fun!

19. It Happened One Night

Another big 5 winner here and my favorite from the great Frank Capra. I absolutely love the performances of Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert and they have great chemistry in this one. And I like the adventure that they take. It's a film that has a little bit of everything for me, but it's screenplay is the golden key to why I love it so much. Movies like this are a staple of classic Hollywood and films like this are what got me into the classics myself.