The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I had Cloverfield as my #25 one of the better done monster movies of the past decade imo

Honestly can't believe out of all the Terminator films you could have on your list someone had Terminator Salvation on their list, I liked the first 2 Terminator movies to an extent but every single other one since has sucked, especially Salvation which was another level of terrible.
WHO voted for Terminator Salvation??!! Show thy self and let the barrage of abuse flow freely!

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

The Iron Giant

The first film of the Top 50, and the 7th animated movie to make the list, and another first placer. Wasn't tied with anything.

Layout: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 23rd

Contact

Tied with another film, but was on one less list.

Layout: 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 12th, 17th, 19th (x2), 22nd, 23rd (x2)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Two films that I can get behind and two that were not on my list. This is the right Brad Bird animated film for this list, not the other.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Another couple of good films that I didn't vote for (with The Iron Giant being a considerably superior one).

I watched The Iron Giant for the animation countdown and liked it quite a bit. It may have made my list for that, I don't remember. It didn't make my list for this.

My wife dragged me to see Contact back when we were dating. If she tries bringing me to something like that now I tell her to screw, but I did end up liking that quite a bit too.

I enjoyed The Iron Giant but didn't vote for it. I'm quite a Jodie Foster fan but Contact really isn't that great a fillum overall even if it is one I'll quite happily sit through every now and then.

Faildictions:
48. Escape Plan (2013)
47. Resident Evil (2002)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Finally, another one of mine with The Iron Giant. I think Contact is very good too.

My List
3. The Incredibles (#98)
12. The Iron Giant (#50)
13. Altered States (#95)
14. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (#79)

Seen: 52/52
OFCS's Top 100 Sci-Fi Films (2010 edition): 20/52

F*ck, somebody else voted for my one pointer... I should have given it a higher spot. but it was only after I sent in my list that I noticed the love for it...

The Iron Giant was my #10 !! Childhood favorite that still holds up.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
this as GOT TO BE A record!! 18 one-pointers! That's a helluva spread!
The fifties list would have literally had over 30. I thought that was boring, and thus, never even listed them. Bad host, I know.

Anyways Jumper was my number 25. Guilty pleasure movie for me.

I'm absolutely shocked.

Contact was my #2 movie.

At this point, I gave up hope of it making the list.

More people like it than I thought.

I've seen both, but voted for neither. My room mate loves The Iron Giant, but I just thought it was okay. I should probably rewatch it since I haven't seen it since 2000, maybe 2001 and at the time I couldn't care less about animation. I know I've seen Contact, but I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Seen: 41/52
My List: 6

01. Dredd (2012) - #96
02. Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - #66
04. The Martian (2015) - #60
09. Galaxy Quest (1999) - #88
16. Videodrome (1983) - #53
22. Strange Days (1995) - #81

Okay, one of those "will probably make it, but may not" films from my list has been confirmed.

My list so far, with predictions:
1. Top 5
2. Top 10
3. Contact (#49)
4. Top 20
5. Top 50
6. Top 50
7. Will probably make it, but may not
8. Top 50
9. Top 50
10. Top 50
11. Avatar (#80)
12. Top 5
13. Top 10
14. Will probably make it, but may not
15. Dune (#99)
16. Top 50
17. Probably won't make it
18. Probably won't make it
19. Top 20
20. May or may not make it
21. Top 50
22. Gattaca (#51)
23. Serenity (#59)
24. Strange Days (#81)
25. Earthbound (one-pointer)

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
6. Altered States (1980)
10. Minority Report (2002)
11. Contact (1997)

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The Iron Giant was my #1, a bit sad to see it only at the half-way mark, but it's not too bad. Contact was the first movie I watched for this countdown. No particular reason really, just that it was on Netflix and had good actors. I liked it, but in the end it got cut early on.

Seen 40/52

My List:

1. The Iron Giant
6. The Martian
7. Wreck-it Ralph
8. Serenity
18. Ghost in the Shell
20. Silent Running
22. Guardians of the Galaxy
24. Gattaca

It just occurred to me, it's 2017 and my one pointer, Cherry 2000 is set in 2017....The future is now. So how did we do? You'll just have to watch this cool 80s movie....or read my thought provoking review. Did I mention it has pictures of forbidden android love?

Click here to see