Terminator: Dark Fate

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
It's weird that this trailer focuses on the three female leads yet for some reason it features a male-vocal cover of a song that is originally by a female musician.

Unoriginality...Hollywood is thy name.

I'm so sick of the endless sequels, prequels and reboots that make up far too much of the new releases. No wonder there's little creativity coming out of mainstream American film maker's these days. It's all about meta data mining and targeting movie projects that have the most projected profits possible. Not that movie making in the past was all about art, but geez! if I want popcorn for entertainment I'll just stick a fork in the microwave.
Agreed. I just thank God that I never have to watch this movie...

~Doc

Agreed. I just thank God that I never have to watch this movie...

~Doc
It's one thing for Tarantino to make over the top entertainment movies but in my book it's far worse to make a farce out of the brutal murder of Sharon Tate. I'm not watching it either.

It's one thing for Tarantino to make over the top entertainment movies but in my book it's far worse to make a farce out of the brutal murder of Sharon Tate. I'm not watching it either.
I was actually referring to the Terminator remake/sequel. I'm very leery of Tarantino's Hollywood movie, but I'll wait to see what the reviews and recaps say. But you're right about that horrific Tate murder (and the others). There's almost no way to handle that cinematically and come out with integrity intact. Hopefully he exercised some circumspection, but odds are against it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Watching the trailer I'm getting a "crap" feeling, probably less crap than Savation and Genysis, maybe even less crap than T3 but still crap. Interesting to see the OG main character come back though.Probably a good thing that Arnie looks to be getting a smaller role, Love Mackenzie Davis.

John Connor where art though?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Saw the trailer. It doesn't even feel like a Terminator movie. It feels like it was a script to something totally different, but then some producers came and said, let's give Schwarzenegger and Hamilton supporting roles try to shoehorn this into being a Terminator sequel. Maybe that's not what happened, but it just feels off compared to the rest of the series.

It looks like the worst one yet to be honest.

Edward Furlong Officially Returning as John Connor in Terminator: Dark Fate
James Cameron just introduced the #Terminator: #DarkFate panel at San Diego Comic-Con and confirmed the return of John Connor with Edward Furlong in the part!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Why isn't Cameron directing this movie? That's like having a no name director direct an Indiana Jones movie. I predict this sequel will be a flop.

The more I see the trailer, the more appealing it becomes. Might be just because that song keeps getting stuck in my head haha

Based on what little we've seen/heard so far, my theory is that

WARNING: "Dark Fate (maybe)" spoilers below
John is actually dead by the time Dark Fate takes place but due to time paradox stuff this now means that new character Dani will become the future saviour of humanity so Sarah decides to help protect her

which, considering how John's been treated in the last few sequels, arguably isn't the worst way that the movie could handle him.

I mean, that's just my guess and he may well make a surprise appearance (they can't give away everything in the trailers, after all). Still, I stand by my comment about how the past three sequels haven't really known what to do with him as a character so it would make sense if they wrote him out completely (and would be fair turnabout for how they killed off Sarah in Rise of the Machines).

I saw it and it is much miuch better than genesis, mckenzie davis and the villain give wonderful performances, good film and good action