Is this cheating?

Tools    

Is having relations with a robot cheating?
61.54%
16 votes
yes
23.08%
6 votes
no
15.38%
4 votes
not sure
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I would be interested to hear what the majority of female MoFo's think, I'm betting a good percentage of them would think its cheating, I know my wife would.
Ok, well let's turn it around, guys...if your wife had sex with a male robot, would you consider that cheating...?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I would be interested to hear what the majority of female MoFo's think, I'm betting a good percentage of them would think its cheating, I know my wife would. Sure I suppose you can try to get in the gray area and go on a case by case basis, but really what's the point? If you need to have sex outside your marriage or relationship then most likely you don't need to be in one to begin with. Who cares if its a Robot or that really hot sheep next door.

To quote Alan Shore's grandmother, "This smells funny, I'm not going to eat it."
I'm sorry.. I really am.... but I HAD to put this link here:
http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/po...ound_iid.63158

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
How about if you're talking about a world where robots look exactly like humans? You think she's a robot, but she lied, or even you think she's real, but she turns out to be a robot? I don't see the differentiation in these cases which "lets you off the hook".

Beware The Probe!
Technically this would be an easy situation to resolve...
If you bang a girlie-bot then you have to get your missuz a dude-bot...ribbed for her pleasure.

Now the only thing you and your mate have to worry about is coming home early and finding both bots going at it together and telling you they're leaving both of you.

Ok, well let's turn it around, guys...if your wife had sex with a male robot, would you consider that cheating...?
Depends... am I allowed to watch?

Not really, but I would be more worried why she wanted too? I have everything my partner could ever need. Oh yeah and I do not cause the electric bill to go up, she gripes about that, the bot would not stand a chance.

I don't consider it as cheating because we are humans and robots are just machines run by us.......

I don't consider it as cheating because we are humans and robots are just machines run by us.......
That's what we all say right before they try to take over.

The robot is an entity outside of yourself. While playing with yourself is an act you commit with your hand (or mouth if you're talented). So masterbation is not cheating.

However...
If you genuinely fall in love with lets say a toaster such that your love for it rivals your love for your wife..then you've emotionally cheated on your wife. If you proceed to consumate this love by having sex with the toaster or even kissing it...then you've now physically cheated on your wife with an entity outside of yourself. Yeah I realize its just a toaster but the principal is the same. Now substitute robot/another woman/an alien whatever you want instead of toaster and it should remain the same.

So,

let's say that Nintendo or the like creates a game called 'flirt with a hottie'. Imagine that this game had advanced conversation skills and could respond to you as a person would.

You turn the game on and a very well represented specimen of the male/female persuasion engages you in spicy conversation. Maybe you get to even make your own flirt 'partner' in the game, designed by you to be most attractive to you.

If you play the game are you cheating? According to the logic in this thread you are.

Equilibrium, what if you love martinis so much that you forsake time with your wife in order to stop off and get a martini. Have you then chosen a love for a martini over a love for your wife and therefore cheated on her?

I stand by my assertion that love exists between humans and love between human and whatever else is different or isn't love.

Alright, well, is it cheating if you develop schizophrenia and you draw a face on a piece of paper, name it Tiffany or Tony, and because of your schizophrenia, you believe the face you drew is a real person and you fall in love with it - you take it out to dinner - you molest it until it's nothing but paper shreds. Is that cheating?

Is it cheating if you fall in love with an imaginary person?

Is it cheating if you fall in love with yourself? Like in that episode of The Simpsons where Homer looks in a mirror and starts kissing himself.

I think these things fall into the line of needing mental help... I mean, cheating on your spouse with a robot is pretty crazy too. But the thing is, what if robots - fully functioning, intelligent, able to respond to anything you say robots - existed and were accepted by society?

If we lived in a world where, say, a robot couldn't even be discriminated against for a job just for not being human -- and you fool around with one of these robots while you're married -- IT'S CHEATING!

It depends on what is accepted in society.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
So,

let's say that Nintendo or the like creates a game called 'flirt with a hottie'. Imagine that this game had advanced conversation skills and could respond to you as a person would.

You turn the game on and a very well represented specimen of the male/female persuasion engages you in spicy conversation. Maybe you get to even make your own flirt 'partner' in the game, designed by you to be most attractive to you.

If you play the game are you cheating? According to the logic in this thread you are.

Equilibrium, what if you love martinis so much that you forsake time with your wife in order to stop off and get a martini. Have you then chosen a love for a martini over a love for your wife and therefore cheated on her?

I stand by my assertion that love exists between humans and love between human and whatever else is different or isn't love.
in other words, some of the areas that I've heard of in the online game Second Life ...

So,

notice what i said...i said if your love for the martini is equal to or greater than the love you have for your wife then yes..you're cheating. (in this case in the sense that you are an alchoholic).

Skipping out on your wife to go have a drink does not mean you love the drink more than your wife.

notice what i said...i said if your love for the martini is equal to or greater than the love you have for your wife then yes..you're cheating. (in this case in the sense that you are an alchoholic).

Skipping out on your wife to go have a drink does not mean you love the drink more than your wife.
I actually did notice what you said, hence my attempt at engaging you in conversation about it. You've said again what you said before though, that love+inanimate object is equivalent to love+person so I think my question is answered though I'll never understand the viewpoint.

My life isn't written very well.
It's not cheating unless the person your with initially thinks it's cheating.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

o.k. o.k. I got one....

"it's not cheating if you cover your balls in peanut butter and let your dog like it off"

on a different note, is sex with your twin considered masturbation?
I think you're fuc@%#d up!