R.I.P. Lewis Collins

Tools    

Lewis Collins who played Bodie in the british tv series The Professionals died of cancer at age 67 on November 27th.

So very sad. I loved that show and he was my favourite.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Poor old Lewis seemed to get a bit of a bum steer after The Professionals finished while Martin Shaw went on to loads of 'serious' acting gigs. I never thought Shaw was that much more talented but, sadly for Lewis, he played the more memorable character in the show.

I loved The Professionals when I was a kid. It was kinda the British Starsky & Hutch and married some of the supposed grittiness of The Sweeny with a bit of Department S whimsy.

I was going to start this thread if there wasn't one here. Loved The Professionals, in fact I have an episode on as I type this. He was also a favourite of mine because, in profile at least, he really looked like my dad.

Those not familiar with The Professionals might've seen him in Who Dares Wins or Code Name: Wild Geese or as Sergeant George Godley in the Michael Caine version of Jack The Ripper.

R.I.P Bodie.