What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I decided to go a bit crazy today.
A Better Tomorrow &
A Better Tomorrow 2 (because John Woo is awesome)
They Live (because I love Carpenter)
The Raid (after seeing it in theaters I need to own it to prove to friends and family that I'm not making it up)
Memories of Murder (I really like Bong Joon-ho and it's a great flick)
Hellraiser (because my VHS copy finally got worn out)
and Rec 2 (because I already own the first one)

+ rep for the following.

A Better Tomorrow &
A Better Tomorrow 2 (because John Woo is awesome)
They Live (because I love Carpenter)
Memories of Murder (I really like Bong Joon-ho and it's a great flick)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Didn't buy, but rented the following:

Striptease
No Retreat, No Surrender
Showgirls
Universal Soldier: The Return
Beverly Hills Cop II

Criterions
Antichrist
Simon of the Dessert

Other
Mulholland Drive
Blue Velvet
Oldboy
Happiness

Happiness and Simon of The Dessrt are blond buys

At the grocery, they had a big bin of previously viewed dvds for cheap. When I was going through the titles, I noticed two still had the security seals and were in fact new, they happen to also be titles I very much wanted, most people probably would.

I got Sin City at Walmart. I've never seen the film. What rock have I been under? I only allow myself to spend a very little on dvds, considering they're becoming obsolete. It was a cheap enough. I'll watch it tonight.

In the early 90's Pixote was in every other bargin bin. I wonder if that has anything to do with it being so difficult to find now?
Over the years this movie developed a cult following and for some reason became a must have among certain segments of society. There was a period that it was virtualy impossible to get in Dvd and even when they had the bidding wars on E-bay, I lost out over a dozen times.
I just wasn't prepared to pay the overinflated price.

It had a cult following back then, too. However, without the communicating wonder that is todays web, it was up to most individuals to discover their own gems. As I'm sure you rememeber only too well. The good old days, as we call them now.

I don't blame you not paying those prices.