Terminator: Dark Fate

Tools    

Anything is better than genesis.
This one is even better than terminator 3, so to me it is a good sequel to T2

Well as you can see, the movie is bombing at the box office, but to me it s a matter of people losing interest after lackluster last 3 movies rather than it being not a good film,it is a good film, but it took too long to make a good sequel.....i think this why the movie is bombing

Well as you can see, the movie is bombing at the box office, but to me it s a matter of people losing interest after lackluster last 3 movies rather than it being not a good film,it is a good film, but it took too long to make a good sequel.....i think this why the movie is bombing
I have yet to see it. Usually I would be racing to the theatre to watch it right after its opening, but I'm postponing it simply because of my lack of excitement. The reason this movie flopped is because the audience of this particular franchise has reached the point of fatigue. Plus, the franchise is a mess. They should have stopped at 2.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I've only seen the trailer a few times now, but it looks like the worst Terminator movie. The cinematography and color just look very uninspired, like any director in Hollywood could have made this.

I also feel that the terminator characters have very odd looks about them. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Robert Patrick have very intimidating looks about them that works for good terminator looks. The main terminator in this looks like Ellen DeGeneres, at least to me, which makes very odd look for a terminator. The villain terminator also has a very odd and non-intimidating look too. He has a very sensitive and nice and friendly looking face, and it just doesn't look right. He also wears a buttoned up plaid shirt in a good portion of the trailer, as well as in a lot of the stills images.

When it comes to Terminator 2, the T-800s biker looking character, against the T-1000, police patrolman looking character, is far more cool than Ellen DeGeneres looking terminator vs. Plaid Shirt terminator.

I saw it a few weeks ago and forgot to comment on it.

My verdict: Pointless, Unnecessary, Overrated.

It was one big steaming pile of ****.

This entry ignored everything after 2. So will I, including this one.

I've only seen the trailer a few times now, but it looks like the worst Terminator movie. The cinematography and color just look very uninspired, like any director in Hollywood could have made this.

I also feel that the terminator characters have very odd looks about them. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Robert Patrick have very intimidating looks about them that works for good terminator looks. The main terminator in this looks like Ellen DeGeneres, at least to me, which makes very odd look for a terminator. The villain terminator also has a very odd and non-intimidating look too. He has a very sensitive and nice and friendly looking face, and it just doesn't look right. He also wears a buttoned up plaid shirt in a good portion of the trailer, as well as in a lot of the stills images.

When it comes to Terminator 2, the T-800s biker looking character, against the T-1000, police patrolman looking character, is far more cool than Ellen DeGeneres looking terminator vs. Plaid Shirt terminator.
I do agree that the villain here doesn t look very intimadating, because simply no one is a better cast for a t 1000 as much as robert patrick this guy was just born to be in that role

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I saw it a few weeks ago and forgot to comment on it.

My verdict: Pointless, Unnecessary, Overrated.

It was one big steaming pile of ****.

This entry ignored everything after 2. So will I, including this one.
This.

I was so offended by the opening scene that I couldn't watch it and switched it off.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "Dark Fate" spoilers below
Eh, I honestly kind of like that they killed off John. It's not like the last few movies did anything worthwhile with him anyway.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
WARNING: "Dark Fate" spoilers below
Eh, I honestly kind of like that they killed off John. It's not like the last few movies did anything worthwhile with him anyway.
WARNING: "plot" spoilers below
Agreed that John Conner adult version has continuously sucked in all 3 movies (I think). I just felt it completely negated the struggle of the first 2 films, seems to be a recurring theme that reboots and sequels are not only bad, but spoiling previous highly regarded work(Genysis does this too). Now I'm gonna watch T2 thinking "oh well shame he insta died on a beach a few weeks after this epic struggle". The Terminator doesn't even bother to kill Sarah Connor.

The scene was amazing CGI though, easily passed for 1991 age actors, they used body doubles I believe with CGI faces.

the problem here lies with:
the actor playing the villain is not menacing enough, robert patrick where are you?
the atmosphere, the use of music, brad fiedel and james cameron are geniuses

Loved it. Perhaps the best mainstream science fiction movie since Interestellar. A worthy sequel to Terminator 2, although not quite on the same level (it suffers a little bit from having too much "stuff" in the movie) but I found myself entertained during the entire run of the movie which is rare for most movies these days.

Account terminated on request
As they say in the North East, Terminata Doc Fate:

Ok, I think the writers were in a bit of a bind here.....

WARNING: "Terminator: Dark Fate" spoilers below

Whenever you have a time travel movie, you end up with difficult to deal with issues. With all the movies centering around John, it made sense to just wipe him out of the way before we ended up with a been-there-done-that sense in the audience.

......I wonder if the OBG (original bad guys) will attempt to send another terminator back to make sure that the NBG never take hold and that John gets killed off before the first go-around of him ending things.

Or something. Oye. Pass me a beer, my head is in knots.

I liked the movie, but I didn't /love/ the movie. I did however think that the action sequences seemed more sophisticated than most films, but perhaps that was just because I was being served a massive bacon hamburger at the time.

They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Just watched this.
Sigh.

Not as bad as some reviews I've read... but nowhere near the first 2 movies.
Actually, T3, Salvation and Genisys were better tbh.

What's strange, is I was just in the kitchen after finishing the movie, washing a cup and plate, gathering my thoughts... and I cannot tell you the names of the two main characters

Female Humanator and Lady-John. I actually can't remember their names.
Or the name/model of the evil Terminator either.

Also, Carl's (yeah I can remember his name) existence makes 0 sense.

The main thing though, it's so shoddily written, that the big reveal of who Lady-John is, isn't really a reveal... because it's obvious.
And, that "big reveal" is this: "You're not the woman who just gives birth to some man who saves the world"

Ok. Question. Could you be any more blatantly Woke?
I'm all for strong female leads... but damn, have an actual writer look at the script before you finalise the edit.

Again, not as bad as some of the reviews, but it's a garbage movie.
Probably give it around a 11%-20% rating if I wrote a full review.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, like the ideas sound okay on paper but they fumbled the execution on just about all of them (mainly by leaving them until later in order to get to the action first - there's a reason that the big reveal in the original Terminator happens before the halfway point, plus Carl would've been a better addition earlier on).

There is one thing that fans hate about the movie and that it's 'the twist', but which twist are they talking about when they say that since the movie took a few plot turns here and there?

The major twist that John Connor dies at the beginning.
It means the beloved original 2 movies are totally meaningless.

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
Oh okay, However, they said they hate the twist because it was 'woke'. How is killing of a character woke though? I mean is screws up the plot timeline, but that's not woke, is it? And I read it was Cameron's idea to kill him off so is it woke then, if it's the original creator's idea?

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
Oh okay, However, they said they hate the twist because it was 'woke'. How is killing of a character woke though? I mean is screws up the plot timeline, but that's not woke, is it? And I read it was Cameron's idea to kill him off so is it woke then, if it's the original creator's idea?

The Woke thing, is because John was killed off, and replaced with a female character who is exactly the same as John.
They've basically retconned John Connor.

It's even said by Sarah in the movie "She's a female John"

Also, if you're talking about the stuff in the movie being the original creator's ideas... Cameron promised a lot of things with the movie... new Terminators, new story... yet Dark Fate took the best parts of the other movies, and crammed them into one movie.
Nothing about the film was new. It was just a rehash of already used ideas.

The movie also has line like this:

"You're not the woman who just gives birth to some man who saves the world"
It's a terrible line, delivered in a way that it felt not just forced, but also insulting.

Men have been shown as tough and capable in action movies for years, but it wasn't to keep women down.
Women have, in the past, been shown as tough in action movies too. Linda Hamilton, Sigourney Weaver are prime examples.

Dark Fate seems to have gone the route of having tough women, because men have somehow been keeping women down, and the shoddy dialogue and writing, and the story of feminizing John Connor are prime examples of Woke.

I'm all for feminism and tough female characters, but not when the character has 0 weaknesses, is good at everything immediately, and have no character arc... and certainly not when they're tough for the sake of being detrimental to men.

That Batwoman show does the same.
"Batman's suit is literal perfection"
"It will be when it fits a woman"

Crap like this hurts more with something like Terminator, because Linda Hamilton was a badass tough female character in T2, and it wasn't Woke. She was just a tough female character, who had weaknesses, and goes through an arc, becoming a fully rounded character.
Bringing Sarah Connor back, in a movie that's not just shoddily written, but written by someone with an agenda... and at the same time, it also craps all over the first two movies which are, to all intents and purposes, masterpieces.

Oh okay, thanks. I haven't seen the movie cause the trailers looked terrible, and I kept hearing about this terrible twist so I wanted to know what it was beforehand. Usually I don't spoil myself but I wanted to this time.

However, when it comes to this line
"You're not the woman who just gives birth to some man who saves the world"
, what context was this line said in? What was the character responding to?