Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

Blade Runner the original theatrical release.
People hate Blade Runner?

Edit: ooooh you just had to make that text white, huh?

Van Helsing (2004)

Everyone I know hates it, but I feel it's a good solid action popcorn entertainment, with a lot of re-watch value.

Not the best movie but I agree it has its rewatch value.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Van Helsing (2004)

Everyone I know hates it, but I feel it's a good solid action popcorn entertainment, with a lot of re-watch value.

I liked Van Helsing (2004) too. It might have made my horror list if IMDB had tagged it as "horror".

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I enjoy Van Helsing as well. Fun little romp.

The trick is not minding
The Star Wars prequels. Get a bad rap, some deservedly so (such bad acting particularly in the second and third installments). They’re fine, not great, and don’t compare to the original but of course that’s an unfair expectation.
Snatch is so much fun to watch, but gets a bad rap because it didn’t “bring anything new to the table” and was too similar to Lock & Stock. Who cares? It still holds up very well.
Those are just off the top of my head

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Junior (1994), I can't understand why other people do not find the movie hilarious.

Speed 2 (1997). I like it more than love it but I don't understand why people consider it to be one of the worst movies ever.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Blade Runner the original theatrical release.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves the theatrical cut.

I'v not seen it since release but I do remember the Island being somewhat smarter than you'd expect from Bay, albeit ultimately shoehorned into his typical style. Seeing two big stars playing dummies as well is certainly something quite unique.

Its an aweful film as a sequel and is generally a bit of a mess but I admit I do quite like Highlander 2 for its silly late end 80's blockbuster scifiness.

Dan in real life. I like it. Most people I speak with hate it.

The Last Kiss.

The Star Wars prequels. Get a bad rap, some deservedly so (such bad acting particularly in the second and third installments). They’re fine, not great, and don’t compare to the original but of course that’s an unfair expectation.
Snatch is so much fun to watch, but gets a bad rap because it didn’t “bring anything new to the table” and was too similar to Lock & Stock. Who cares? It still holds up very well.

Woah, Snatch gets a bad rap? I didn't know that. It's a brilliant flick, filled with memorable characters like Brick Top, Tony, Boris,...I could name them all.

The trick is not minding
Dan in real life. I like it. Most people I speak with hate it.

The Last Kiss.

Woah, Snatch gets a bad rap? I didn't know that. It's a brilliant flick, filled with memorable characters like Brick Top, Tony, Boris,...I could name them all.
I should specify that it gets a bad rep with critics in general, but not with the audience at large.
Another film that wasn’t well liked by critics that I thoroughly enjoyed was Malena (2000) from Giuseppe Tornatore.

I like these, but they get plenty of hate:

IJ and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Venom
Middle 2 Fantastic 4 movies (need to rewatch though)
Every Brosnan Bond film after GoldenEye
Quantum of Solace
The Heartbreak Kid (Farrelly remake)
Me, Myself and Irene
Green Lantern (been years since I've watched it, though)

I liked the two Fantastic 4 films with Michael Chiklis and Jessica Alba. I know they're not entirely faithful to the comics but I think FF is hard to translate to live action because it's so very serious in the comics while the characters' powers are pretty wild.

Also, I understand the second film's creators were faced with some restrictions in depicting Galactus that resulted in it not being anywhere close to the original story.

I also like the Matthew Broderick Godzilla film as long as I think of the creature as not really being Godzilla.

I like The Phantom with Billy Zane,too. It doesn't expect you to take it too seriously and if you don't, it's a fun film. The problem was it was compared to the Indiana Jones films, which actually were inspired by serials like the one featuring The Phantom.

I liked the two Fantastic 4 films with Michael Chiklis and Jessica Alba. I know they're not entirely faithful to the comics but I think FF is hard to translate to live action because it's so very serious in the comics while the characters' powers are pretty wild.

Also, I understand the second film's creators were faced with some restrictions in depicting Galactus that resulted in it not being anywhere close to the original story.

I also like the Matthew Broderick Godzilla film as long as I think of the creature as not really being Godzilla.

I like The Phantom with Billy Zane,too. It doesn't expect you to take it too seriously and if you don't, it's a fun film. The problem was it was compared to the Indiana Jones films, which actually were inspired by serials like the one featuring The Phantom.
I had some issues with those first two FF films (2005 & 2007) after they came out...
But then after the blasphemy that was Fant4stic (2015), it almost made the earlier two look like masterpieces that were filmed by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby themselves!

It's strange how one really bad movie bearing the name of the same title characters can make former movies seem so much better than they actually were just by comparison.

I also thought the '98 Godzilla was a decent flick - especially since I didn't pay to see it, but watched it at my cousin's house!

I saw The Phatom but don't remember much of it - I do remember being on vacation in FL., and arguing with my friend about what movie to rent to watch in our hotel room - I wanted to watch the Phatom and he didn't. Now I can't remember who won the argument and if that's when I watched it!

I also really love The Man in the Iron Mask.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Middle 2 Fantastic 4 movies (need to rewatch though)
I loved Fantastic Four (2005), but I've never read the comic books, so I had nothing to compare it to. That's probably why I didn't care whether or not it stayed true to the comics.

I liked the sequel Rise of the Silver Surfer, but it wasn't as good as the first movie.

Every Brosnan Bond film after GoldenEye
I loved Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, and GoldenEye is one of my favorite Bond movies, but while I don't think the other movies deserve the hate they get, I think the stories were just lacking in the other three movies.