Things that annoy you...

Tools    

My Samsung $12 fliptop phone has a dead battery. Didn’t even know it had a battery, much less that said battery would die on me. Had this battery for years. Got the thing open & spent a lot of annoying time searching for a replacement battery on line. Bought one from FactoryOutlet.com for the same price that phone originally cost. Praying I ordered the right battery. Stressful.

Kaiser Permanente

I'm diabetic and on insulin (though I'm only on insulin because Kaiser refuses to cover the drug I was on before that kept me much better regulated). I started to run pretty low on my syringes so I placed an order through them from Kaiser's mail order pharmacy. I still had enough insulin for awhile longer but figured I'd refill that too.

The pharmacy sent me six vials of insulin but refused to refill the syringes (because I'm somehow supposed to take insulin without syringes, or something?). And of course, I find out that they refused the syringes over the holidays when my doctor was out, the pharmacies were closed, and there wasn't anything I could do about it for a few days. The pharmacy claimed that it was too soon to refill (nevermind that I use two syringes a day and got a box of 100 about two months ago). Finally get in touch with my doctor and she approved the prescription. I tried to reorder the syringes through the mail and... they refused again. So I ended up having to go to the pharmacy to get them, which is a huge pain in the ass because I work full time and don't drive and the pharmacy isn't close to my house or work.

So stupid.

Finding out that my video editing software, Nero Video 2019, is still a 32-bit application and therefore can only utilise a maximum of 4GB of available system memory before it crashes. Limitations...

False advertising in the entertainment business.

I hate when the TV channels put a movie on, and edit most of it out because the time it's being shown isn't suitable.
Either play it at a later time, play the movie you've advertised IN FULL, or don't show it at all.
If I advertised I was selling a car... and someone showed up to collect... and all I had was a chassis and a set of tyres, they'd be a bit annoyed.

Another thing, is online services offering "box-sets".
Example: "You can get the full box-set of Peaky Blinders on our streaming service"
If it doesn't come in a box, as a physical thing you can actually hold, then it's not a box-set.
It's an entire series, streamed digitally to your laptop... no different than using YouTube.

Another thing, is online services offering "box-sets".
Example: "You can get the full box-set of Peaky Blinders on our streaming service"
If it doesn't come in a box, as a physical thing you can actually hold, then it's not a box-set.
It's an entire series, streamed digitally to your laptop... no different than using YouTube.
With regard to box sets (which I love) is Amazon, e.g., advertising a “box set”, which actually only consists of each season in its original dvd case. This is not a box set. A box set for, say, The Sopranos, is a fully thought-out concept. With a special box, maybe a free gift or two (Mad Men did this), special booklets, etc., etc. Something that one can treasure because it’s special.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The sniffles.

*edit: that's not sarcastic mocking of previous posts. I genuinely hate getting the sniffles*

People with the flu that spread the germs because they don't mask their mouth with their hand when typing

I've got a shoe and I'm gonna throw it .... ah-choo

People with the flu that spread the germs because they don't mask their mouth with their hand when typing

I've got a shoe and I'm gonna throw it .... ah-choo
Better than a train.

Better than a train.
Lol, I'd best not respond as I wouldn't want to derail the thread. Hope you're beginning to recover from the snufflies!

Fell over this bloody thing last Thursday. (Not paying attention.) Huge black eye & 3 stitches ensued. Gas station showed me the footage today. Scary. Stitches out tomorrow, which I hope goes smoothly.

Fell over this bloody thing last Thursday. (Not paying attention.) Huge black eye & 3 stitches ensued. Gas station showed me the footage today. Scary. Stitches out tomorrow, which I hope goes smoothly.
Geez, Stirch. Sorry to hear that you got hurt. Hope you heal up quickly!

~Doc

⬆️ Thank you doc. Was feeling very sorry for myself.

I’m like a celebrity at the gas station now. Owner will email the footage so I can show it to friends.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Stirchley, I'm sorry to hear that you got hurt, and I hope you feel better soon. Try to be more careful in the future.

⬆️ Thank you doc. Was feeling very sorry for myself.

I’m like a celebrity at the gas station now. Owner will email the footage so I can show it to friends.
Do you really want to show that footage to anyone?

@Stirchley, I'm sorry to hear that you got hurt, and I hope you feel better soon. Try to be more careful in the future.
Do you really want to show that footage to anyone?
I will be much more careful in future. Only sending the footage to someone who really wants to see it.

Ow – get well soon Stirch.

Ow – get well soon Stirch.
Yikes. Sorry to hear it, get well soon!
Thanks. Had stitches out yesterday. I made a dreadful fuss at my internist’s, but the removal was totally painless. He just tweezered them out. A big hug from my doc & off I went home. Carefully.

3 stitches for stirchley!!!! almost sounds like you planned this years ago, whenever you first invented that user name.
hmmmmm........

lol sorry to hear about the trip. that didn't sound like much of a vacation at all!!

get it?
trip?
....trip??
(I'll see myself out....)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear