American Pie turns 20

Tools    

This movie was special. There were several college/high school flicks in the past, but this one stands out in 'its time'.
1) For introducing memorable characters
2) For mainstreaming the term MILF
3) For making us look at the pie in the different way - or ruining it for others.

It had several sequels and there were many other movies that came out exploiting similar humour like Euro trip, Dorm daze or Not another teen movie (that included a young Captain America), but none was as memorable as American Pie for our generation. Like Porkys or Fast times at Ridgemont high was for the eighties.
I am not claiming this was as good a movie as those, but it had a similar impact.

For me, as a pimple-faced teenager, this movie was the reason why I pursued engineering. Yes, America really sold us non-Americans the idea of cool high school-college life really well. And though my dreams of pursuing Masters in US and hooking up with a blonde never materialised, I have always cherished this movie as a fond memory.

I am sure there are others who loved or hated this movie. I would love to hear your thoughts.

PS: Mods can move this thread to an appropriate section, if it isn't in one.

I don't like this movie. it is... sorry for saying it, but it is a bit stupid, and humor in this movie is wacky. I don't understand why you are so excited that American Pie celebrated the 20th anniversary.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
I do love the American Pie films, so it's shocking the first film is now 20.