Indecent Proposal Remake

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2018/07/indecen...on-1202436784/

"Paramount Players has set Erin Cressida Wilson to script a new version of Indecent Proposal, the 1993 Adrian Lyne-directed film about the consequences of a financially strapped couple young couple that succumbs to a $1 million offer from a rich man to sleep with the wife. Robert Redford, Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson starred in the hit. The original grossed $266 million worldwide.

Cressida Wilson scripted Secretary and The Girl on the Train. It will be interesting to see how the politics of the #MeToo movement dovetail into this narrative. In the original, the young husband cannot handle the results of the Faustian bargain as jealousy threatens to destroy the marriage."

But why?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I can see them doing a gender reversal- either that or the husband will be suitably punished.

I quite like the original- bit of an odd one to remake.

I knew that was coming but cmon... I don't disagree myself but there's no need to say it in every thread, at times it feels like all this forum like to talk about is Star Wars, Marvel and your shared dislike of remakes.

Plus i think the majority of the originals weren't exactly great films so even if the remake somehow tainted the original (which is absurd to me, a sequel yes but not a remake) i think there's often not much there to taint. It's usually nostalgic films that don't hold up that well for people who didn't grow up with them making a remake not the worst idea to possibly make the story accessible for a new generation, although granted that's never the reasons they are made. And also even though it's very rare in some cases remakes/reimaginings have surpassed the original: The Thing, The Fly, or while not being better have been decent in their own right: Dawn of the Dead.

Plus i just found it silly especially in this case since Indecent Proposal is corny 90's trash with weak performances and horrible dialogue, not exactly a classic. Not even a trashy 90's classic like Basic Instinct or Showgirls.

I knew that was coming but cmon... I don't disagree myself but there's no need to say it in every thread, at times it feels like all this forum like to talk about is Star Wars, Marvel and your shared dislike of remakes.

Plus i think the majority of the originals weren't exactly great films so even if the remake somehow tainted the original (which is absurd to me, a sequel yes but not a remake) i think there's often not much there to taint. It's usually nostalgic films that don't hold up that well for people who didn't grow up with them making a remake not the worst idea to possibly make the story accessible for a new generation, although granted that's never the reasons they are made. And also even though it's very rare in some cases remakes/reimaginings have surpassed the original: The Thing, The Fly, or while not being better have been decent in their own right: Dawn of the Dead.

Plus i just found it silly especially in this case since Indecent Proposal is corny 90's trash with weak performances and horrible dialogue, not exactly a classic. Not even a trashy 90's classic like Basic Instinct or Showgirls.

Camo, you're missing the point.

It's not just the great movies that shouldn't be remade. It's ANY movie that shouldn't be remade. Period.

Over the last 2 decades specifically, Hollywood has been on an unhealthy prequel/sequel/remake/reboot/spin-off fetish; most of which has produced some really crappy films. Instead of going for artistic integrity and producing more original films, much like what we had in the golden age of cinema back in the 70's and 80's, we're getting recycled trash. The lack of originality is getting way too out of hand.