Damage (1992)

→ in
Tools    

a movie that really gets to you emotionally, juliette binoche plays the role of a woman who s engaged to a simple young guy, when she meets jeremy irons (father), the world changes into a love and lust place where betrayal is only the beginning.
it's really impossible to deny that this movie is well done in every respect, and when it comes down to it, that is the only real criterion for judging the merit of any work of art.
Binoche has few lines most of the time but doesn't need them: she shows convincingly with her face and movements an entire world of desolation and pain in Anna.
The last 30 minutes of this movie are some of the most shattering moments in film, and what makes them so shattering is not only the situation but the absolutely devastating, a very character driven film, a rarity at this day and age.
the direction is top notch, and the use of music is really great, a really immersive drama romance film, with a devastating ending.
a must watch for all of the 90s erotic drama films.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It's one of those movies I always wanted to see from time to time but never did. I should watch it but it's hard to find. A lot of people describe movies with sex scenes in as 'erotic', but just because it has sex in doesn't automatically make it erotic I find when it comes to movies. But I'll see if this one is .

One of my favorites from Louis Malle.

It's funny how, at the time, the critics hated this movie because the sex scenes weren't very erotic at all, instead reflecting the cold self-destructiveness of their relationship. I don't mind the sex so much (anything with a wet Binoche is erotic enough for me), but it's not really a film meant to turn anyone on.

One of my favorites from Louis Malle.

It's funny how, at the time, the critics hated this movie because the sex scenes weren't very erotic at all, instead reflecting the cold self-destructiveness of their relationship. I don't mind the sex so much (anything with a wet Binoche is erotic enough for me), but it's not really a film meant to turn anyone on.
Juliette binoche was such a hot gal in this