Helicopters descending on a trailer

Tools    

Here's one for ya.
I only really remember the end, but the gist is: guy comes out of prison back to his gf who lives in a trailer. She doesn't want him there but he stays and wards off anyone who comes near. He's controlling & abusive and by the end the isolation and paranoia takes them both over and they end up lining the trailer with silver foil too protect them from (from what?), and helicopters descend on the trailer and all around them.
I can't tell you what they're paranoid about or if the helicopters are real, but I just remember it being a fairly nondescript sort of movie til that scene, and I'd like to see it again.
Thanks if anyone has a clue!

Friedkins's adaptation of Bug? 2007)

The returning to a gf fresh out of prison doesn't match IIRC, but the rest sounds like it could. The ending matches how I remember it ending.

Excellent, reading the synopsis sounds like it could be the one. I will give that film a look. Thanks Little Ash!

What's extra bizarre is that I was watching 'Midnight Special' when I posted that, and both films have Michael Shannon in. There must have been something deep in my subconscious that made me think of 'Bug' even though I could never have told you the cast.. very weird.