The Stand remake (is it really that bad)

Tools    

Is it really as bad as everyone is saying, I have never looked forward to a tv series so much, the book and original mini series has a special place in my heart. I can’t believe these moronic idiots did this to the stand and have done it so they are going back and forth with the time frame, **** doesnt make sense for a story like this, having not seen it I still know that, ah man never been angry at something like this, I’ve been waiting years and now I don’t even want to watch it, ****ing arseholes, what a crying shame.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sorry to admit it, but I too liked the original better. Some of the casting seemed a bit weird but the miniseries was better.

I was looking forward to Alexander Skarsgard as Flagg--his look is far closer than the guy in the original series--but then he ended up not seeming as menacing as the original Flagg. And although Goldberg *looked* right, she didn't bring the right vibe to Mother Abagail. The original was better.

I liked both versions of Tom Cullen, for different reasons. The chronology of the new version was a hot mess, and somehow I just never felt the fear and foreboding of the original. (Maybe that inconsistent timeline was at fault.) It just didn't build to a crescendo properly for me.

I went back and rewatched the original after watching the new version. Yup, I still liked it better.

Having said all this, though... if you find time, go ahead and watch the new one. At the very least, it made me realize it's time for me to completely reread the book. I have the extended version of the book here, so I'll read that this time. (I read the book in the very early 1980s the first time around.)