Sample this Sample

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
@Sedai @ynwtf @re93animator

Got some awesome news. My first single has been accepted and will be dropping August 13th.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Very cool and grats. What is the format? I mean, like how would we access it?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Very cool and grats. What is the format? I mean, like how would we access it?
From my understanding it should hit the following digital stores: Apple Music / iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, and SoundCloud.

I will be signing up for the paid service for my next release (Turn It Off) because I think it has viral potential, and I will want it everywhere.

EDIT: I forgot to add that this first one is awful. Don’t buy it. haha

Now that I have a machine that can keep up: here's a little Sunday afternoon finger drumming practice. If you're in to that sorta thing.

I'm just loading up random kits and going crazy. Pretty fun, but I should probably start developing some technique exercises. I think my favorite thing about finger drumming is there's no right way to do it.

@Sedai @ynwtf @re93animator

I was messing around with duplicating that autotune sound. I tried not to put too much on but now that I know how to do it I kinda wanna put a lot on

Sauce it up! Know what I’m sayin

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Woooo. That's pretty cool. I need to hear David Bowie's voice over that. Or at least a smokey saxophone.

I recommend listening to the song, A Small Plot of Land by Bowie. In fact, take on the entire album, Outside, if you're bored. Great weird stuff that might inspire.

I'm liking the more bizarre direction of the last two. Moody, odd, and atmospheric. I really like the intent and hope you explore more stuff like this.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I’ve been having a hard time trying to make anything since my gramps passed. Everything feels like I’m throwing **** against the wall, so I decided to embrace that as a production trait.*

There’s a lot of small revolving parts with effects that I layered together to get a 8bar backing track. Then I merged it all, stretched to 16bars, added some more stuff, merged it to get a 2nd backing track, and then stretched it to 32bars to lay down the piano and I played it how I felt: ****ty.

Some of the previous stuff I’ve made was made in the same way but I did fewer things and was going for a cleaner sound. This time I wanted something that captured the **** feelings trapped in my head.

I have plans to do heavier lifting in December to flesh out a longer project, and it is probably going to be pretty similar to these. First holiday season without gramps. I’m gunna be a wreck and I think that’s already reflecting in my work, so I suspect my first longer project is going to come from a dark place. Anything to keep me busy.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I’ve been having a hard time trying to make anything since my gramps passed. Everything feels like I’m throwing **** against the wall, so I decided to embrace that as a production trait.*

There’s a lot of small revolving parts with effects that I layered together to get a 8bar backing track. Then I merged it all, stretched to 16bars, added some more stuff, merged it to get a 2nd backing track, and then stretched it to 32bars to lay down the piano and I played it how I felt: ****ty.

Some of the previous stuff I’ve made was made in the same way but I did fewer things and was going for a cleaner sound. This time I wanted something that captured the **** feelings trapped in my head.

I have plans to do heavier lifting in December to flesh out a longer project, and it is probably going to be pretty similar to these. First holiday season without gramps. I’m gunna be a wreck and I think that’s already reflecting in my work, so I suspect my first longer project is going to come from a dark place. Anything to keep me busy.
Throwing sh*t at the wall is my MO. I used to love listening to early Residents albums for some encouragement, knowing that they made a cult-friendly career out of drunk instrumentation, low fidelity production, and uber bizarre experimentation. Your songs reminded me a bit of that. A polarizing sound for normies, but I mean that as a compliment.

I'm so sorry to read about your grandpa. May he rest in peace.

Throwing sh*t at the wall is my MO. I used to love listening to early Residents albums for some encouragement, knowing that they made a cult-friendly career out of drunk instrumentation, low fidelity production, and uber bizarre experimentation. Your songs reminded me a bit of that. A polarizing sound for normies, but I mean that as a compliment.

I'm so sorry to read about your grandpa. May he rest in peace.
Yeah, I have a polarizing sound for sure.

And I totally will take that as a compliment.

And I appreciate that. They say sorrow drives good art, but I’m just trying to stay busy.

I tried a lot of new stuff on this track: