LIMITED SERIES & MINI-SERIES

Tools    

This Hulu show is quite good though the premise is preposterous. Two 33 year olds portray themselves as middle schoolers in 7th grade & relive the agonies & ecstacies of that time. The premise actually works & the only reason I bailed out is because I didn’t attend an American middle school so it’s hard for me to relate.

Four-parter from the BBC. Hugh Laurie carried this entire thing.

Bit of a hot mess with a ton crammed into roughly 4 hours. A cast of thousands with dozens of subplots. It ended with the potential for a second season, but I will skip that.

Sat down & watched this entire thing again. Loved it.

Just bought the dvd of this so I can watch it again. Very good limited series.
I'm surprised to see you liked that, @Stirchley. I thnk I'm right in saying there's another series of that coming.
Familiar with Piper from her previous show when she portrayed a hooker. I find her very likable & I want to watch the show again.

Unaware that a season 2 is coming. I follow these things intently & have not heard this.

This is a fantastic series starring Riz Ahmed & John Turturro.

Good show. Saw it last year. Or was it the year before?

Unaware that a season 2 is coming. I follow these things intently & have not heard this.
Went looking and, yes, Sky annouced in February that they've comissioned a second series. Good news as I enjoyed this too.

I don't know if you know but she directed and starred in a film called Rare Beasts, which sounds quite good and in a similar vein.

Went looking and, yes, Sky annouced in February that they've comissioned a second series. Good news as I enjoyed this too.

I don't know if you know but she directed and starred in a film called Rare Beasts, which sounds quite good and in a similar vein.
Great about season 2.

I’ve put Rare Beasts in my Netflix Q though it’s the first time I’ve heard about it. Thanks!

So disappointing. Wanted so much to like this as I’m a huge fan of Jean Smart.

Trying so hard to be funny, but not funny at all. And don’t get me started on her drippy co-star. Beyond blah.

Watched 3 episodes, but it’s not really my cuppa tea. The two leads are excellent though & the show is well-produced.

I know @AgrippinaX likes this actress, but don’t know if she’s seen the show.

So disappointing. Wanted so much to like this as I’m a huge fan of Jean Smart.
That’s very annoying, know what you mean.

Watched 3 episodes, but it’s not really my cuppa tea. The two leads are excellent though & the show is well-produced.

I know @AgrippinaX likes this actress, but don’t know if she’s seen the show.
I’ll check it out, I do like her, but that’s not to say everything she’s in is good. In fact, she tends to veer into comedy, which is a hard sell for me more often than not.

Duplicate Account (locked)
This Hulu show is quite good though the premise is preposterous. Two 33 year olds portray themselves as middle schoolers in 7th grade & relive the agonies & ecstacies of that time. The premise actually works & the only reason I bailed out is because I didn’t attend an American middle school so it’s hard for me to relate.

As someone who's around that age i could relate to it pretty heavily: the AOL instant messaging and the general feelings of emabarrassment.

I’ll check it out, I do like her, but that’s not to say everything she’s in is good. In fact, she tends to veer into comedy, which is a hard sell for me more often than not.
I think you might like this show.

No clue where this new show from Denmark on HBOMax is going, but I’m along for the ride so far.