American Hustle: How did it start and materialize?

Tools    

This thread isn't meant to be a critic on the movie. But I am curious how did all the hype for American hustle start ? I remember people getting excited for it. Apparently its hype crossed to mainstream enough to make 250 million $. I am just curious. Because this year none of the movies released during awards season achieved that kind of box office swell this movie has got and it was not a mainstream movie.

I’m not sure where all that hype came from but I think it’s mostly because it’s a star-loaded project (Cooper, Lawrence, Adams, Bale, DeNiro). I liked Lawrence’s part I think her character was funny but that’s nothing outstanding.

I’m not sure where all that hype came from but I think it’s mostly because it’s a star-loaded project (Cooper, Lawrence, Adams, Bale, DeNiro). I liked Lawrence’s part I think her character was funny but that’s nothing outstanding.
I mainly singled it out because of the box office of it..every year some movies get singled out during awards but most of the time they don't make bank as they hit 100 or 120 million and stop . Rarely do you find movies like slumdog or Shakespeare in love or Chicago or kings speech make so much money.I think there is a formula here - make movies that are not polarizing with audience and not preachy and just keep it in the entertainment arena with nice music and positive message.

I've not noticed any hype around here for American Hustle. I don't think MoFos even talk much about it. Around here people seem to prefer Boogie Nights. I'd say American Hustle is just another film that came and went. I don't think it's overly hyped.