Movies where burglar gets abducted by tenant

Tools    

Are there any movies where a burglar breaks into a home and gets overpowered by the tenant and gets tortured or something along those lines

Home Alone =(

The Ref might fit in with that too.
The Ref came to my mind also - but it's been so long since I've seen it, I can't remember if the homeowners turn the tables on him (beyond just getting under his skin via humorous repartee).

The Ref came to my mind also - but it's been so long since I've seen it, I can't remember if the homeowners turn the tables on him (beyond just getting under his skin via humorous repartee).
No, The Ref doesn't fit the OP's parameters. For one thing, the couple in the movie don't get burgled, they get taken hostage and then forced to take their captor to their house. And yeah, the only torture there is unintended mental torture from being forced to endure their bickering and their crazy relatives.

Thanks. Will watch all those

Thanks. Will watch all those
Of those I mentioned, I can't really recommend Intruders.
It had a great premise (which fits the bill for this thread) and some suspenseful build up (which kept me watching), but ultimately I felt it missed the mark and I was somewhat disappointed.

The Desperate Hours (1955) is a classic about 3 escaped convicts who invade a family home.
Starring Humphrey Bogart and Frederic March.
Not to spoil, but before the end, the family is able to turn the tide on their captors.

Captured (1998)
Director: Peter Liapis