Best Movie In a Horror Series

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'd say that the best Friday the 13th movie is the remake, which basically summarized the first movie in seconds. I think that Freddy vs. Jason is the best portrayal of Jason in movies because it gave him a character to take minds off of his lack of depth. Personally, I consider the first few Friday the 13th movies along with the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre to be some of the worst movies that I've ever seen, no ****. I'd say that Halloween 4 is my favorite from the series, I enjoyed 5, 6, the remake, and the original as well. My favorite movie from the A Nightmare on Elm Street series is the third movie, although my favorite movie from the Freddy franchise is Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I think that I like the original Saw movie the most, although I enjoyed three quite a lot as well. Same for Scream, except for I thought the second and third movie were sub-par. Wrapping this up, Hellraiser: Inferno is my favorite Hellraiser. I've only watched the first five so far but right now, it's the only one I consider to be actually a good movie. The second Evil Dead is the best, although I enjoyed 2013 reboot for what it was. The second Child's Play is my favorite, the first being a close second with none of the others really coming close to matching. I think Hostel Part 2 is the best of the Hostel series.

I'd say that the best Friday the 13th movie is the remake, which basically summarized the first movie in seconds. I think that Freddy vs. Jason is the best portrayal of Jason in movies because it gave him a character to take minds off of his lack of depth. Personally, I consider the first few Friday the 13th movies along with the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre to be some of the worst movies that I've ever seen, no ****. I'd say that Halloween 4 is my favorite from the series, I enjoyed 5, 6, the remake, and the original as well. My favorite movie from the A Nightmare on Elm Street series is the third movie, although my favorite movie from the Freddy franchise is Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I think that I like the original Saw movie the most, although I enjoyed three quite a lot as well. Same for Scream, except for I thought the second and third movie were sub-par. Wrapping this up, Hellraiser: Inferno is my favorite Hellraiser. I've only watched the first five so far but right now, it's the only one I consider to be actually a good movie. The second Evil Dead is the best, although I enjoyed 2013 reboot for what it was. The second Child's Play is my favorite, the first being a close second with none of the others really coming close to matching. I think Hostel Part 2 is the best of the Hostel series.
I agree with much of this, and you got a + from me just for having the balls to bash the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th. I disagree on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but while I enjoyed Friday the 13th it was pretty overrated.
I also appreciate that someone other than myself liked Hellraiser 5. Some of the acting was pretty wooden and the script was originally intended for a film unrelated to the Hellraiser franchise, but I thought it worked well because it brought something different to the series, and it was genuinely creepy at times.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I decided to kind-of reorganize my post, and add to it.

Friday the 13th
- All of the originals were atrocious, with Freddy vs. Jason ultimately being the best performance of the character. However, I'd say that the Friday the 13th remake was the first all-out Jason movie that I enjoyed. It had a lot of problems, but they weren't as abundant as the pieces of **** that came before it.

Halloween - I liked Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers, the remake, and the original Halloween movie. All for different reasons, I liked the remake because it re-imagined the idea in a unique way that gave Michael Myers mortality, made him seem like a person, and not just like a monster. However, I'll admit that there was some excess that hurt the movie. The original movie stands entirely off of Dr. Loomis, which was also well-done in the remake, but in this one, I think I appreciated it a lot more. I don't know why, maybe it's a lot of nostalgia. As for the sixth movie, I really liked the idea of the disciples, and the darker, almost Gothic spin felt very different in my first-time viewing. I'm going to say Halloween 6 is the best of them.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Wes Craven's New Nightmare, although not really an installment in the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise as much as it is a new thing altogether, is easily the best of the series. I really loved the concept and idea of it.

Saw - This one is a little iffy, I am going to go with the original movie which is sixty-four on my favorite movies of all-time, however, I also thoroughly enjoyed the third movie. After that, the rest of them are kind-of mediocre, however.

Scream - The second and third movies didn't really do it for me, they had their moments, but their twists were stupid, whereas the first one's twist was hilariously outlandish. "My parents are going to be so mad at me!" The fourth movie is easily the second best of the series, but I liked the original the most because of how fresh it was at the time.

Child's Play - I liked both the first and second movie, however, Child's Play 2 seemed to really come together for the franchise before its ultimate downfall with Child's Play 3, which wasn't really bad, but I didn't like it.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I hate the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, absolutely despise it, and I think that the original may very well be one of the worst movies ever made. "It was great at the time." That may very well be the case, but I think that it aged like chicken-****. I haven't seen the rest of the original series, but I did watch the 2003 movie with Jessica Biel. I didn't like it at all, but I'm happy to say that The Beginning really helped to wash the taste from my mouth after all of these years. If only for the performance of Sheriff Hoyt, whose dark humor really brought the series to life for me.

Hellraiser - Hellraiser has always been a series that I held in very low-regard, a mere number above the Puppet Master movies in the horror hierarchy, but there is some enjoyment to be had from them. I think that the best movie was Hellraiser: Inferno, which is the first, and only movie from the series that I considered to be good. Which is funny because it's the first movie of the series not to have Clive Barker's involvement. Which may very well be the reason why it worked. I love Clive Barker's demented imagery in things like Jericho, and I love the imagery for the Cenobites, but his stories can be a little difficult to grasp on film.

Children of the Corn: I've only seen two of them, the original, and Isaac's Return. I hated them both.

Evil Dead: I've seen Evil Dead 2 and the Evil Dead remake, and while I enjoyed them both, Evil Dead 2 is certainly better in a lot of ways. There is a lot more outlandishness and innovation, whereas the remake is merely a strongly entertaining splatter film.

Leprechaun: Hate 'em all.
The Grudge: I've only seen the first.
Psycho: I've seen the first two, and while, obviously, the original Psycho is more original, and has way more memorable one-liners, I think Anthony Perkins did even better in the second movie. I like them both, however.

Best Movie in a Horror Series:

-Wrong Turn
-Final Destination
-Scream
-Exorcist
-Paranormal Activity.

Not my favourite horror film, but I was impressed by Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween. He got panned by the critics and got mainly awful reviews. I had a peak at it last week with the wife and we both enjoyed it. Now, don't me wrong, I'm in my forties, so apt to moan about anything at any given time - and one of my childhood favs was being put to the test for a remake, and I was more than ready to have a good whine. Delighted to say it was excellent, and added a bit of a background to Michael Myers.

^ That's what I didn't like about it, the background information was not needed for someone like Michael Myers, he's the type of killer where knowing less is better and far more scarier. Rob Zombie felt the need to bring in the common family/abuse background helping to change an already damaged child into a 'monster'.

There are quite a few real life serial killers out there who came from what was a perfectly fine and loving background and I find that so disturbing that psychopaths and so on can come out of a normal loving life.

In the original Halloween he just snapped one day and decided to kill his sister when he was only a child. He's 'pure evil' and it's a mystery as to why he kills.

I saw the most recent Paranormal Activity last month when it came out and it was surprisingly pretty good and a return to form for the series, though I still like the original the best.

Saw
The Return of The Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Hostel 2
Final Destination
Scream
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hellraiser
Paranormal Activity 2

Nightmare on Elm Street- the first (one of my favorite movies)
Friday the 13th- 3D
Halloween- the first (everything else except it, 2, and H20 is ****)
Saw- I hate them all
Scream- the first
Alien- Aliens
Predator- the first
Evil Dead- II
Child's Play- the first
Texas Chainsaw Massacre- the first
Final Destination- see my opinion on Saw
Paranormal Activity- see my opinion on Saw
Frankenstein- Bride
Jaws- the first
Dracula- Horror

Friday The 13th - I have never seen past the first and from what others have said I shouldn't
Halloween - I enjoyed the first the forth and fifth, I really hated H20
A Nightmare On Elm Street - I enjoyed the first and Wes Cravens New Nightmare
Saw - I enjoyed all of them, they may be cheesy with a side of schlock but I do enjoy them
Scream - I enjoyed the first, second and forth
Alien - I enjoyed the prequel, first and second
Predator - I enjoyed the first and thought the second was stupid
Phantasm - Never seen them
Evil Dead - I have seen them all but only enjoyed the first and second
Child's Play - Never seen them, Chucky scares me too much!
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I have only seen the original
Hellraiser - Never seen them
Final Destination - I think I saw the first but can't remember much about it
Paranormal Activity - Absolute drivel, not scary in the least

---

My list:

Ring (original 1998 version)
Misery
Switchblade Romance
Dark Water
Ills (them)
The Strangers
Martyrs

evil dead
friday the 13th
hollow man , i was so scared of it when i was little
fd
wrong turn

Moderately sozzled.
Friday The 13th Pt VII: The New Blood
Wishmaster
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
Night Of The Seagulls (The Blind Dead series)
Hellraiser IV: Bloodline
Halloween II (1981)
The Omen (1976)
The Satanic Rites Of Dracula (Hammer Horrors Dracula series)
Re-Animator
Evil Dead II

You need to add the Exorcist series. The first film in the series of course wins.

You need to add the Exorcist series. The first film in the series of course wins.

I've only seen the original, which I thought was excellent.