Best Movie In a Horror Series

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
What’s the second best Texas chainsaw movie in pls opinion. The first imo is a masterpiece and I want to give one of the sequels a go. Not expecting anything great though.....

The 2003 remake is my favorite TCM film but counting only the sequels to the original, Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is my favorite. The second was too comedic for my liking and the less said about the fourth, the better.

The remake is gory but it's prequel (The Beginning) is MUCH more bloody and graphic. The unrated version is probably among the most violent movies I've seen.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The remake is gory but it's prequel (The Beginning) is MUCH more bloody and graphic. The unrated version is probably among the most violent movies I've seen.
Did you like it? If you like full on gore...watch the green inferno. It’s full on. Goriest movie I’ve seen I reckon,

I like the TCM remake and it's prequel both very much. They're actually my favorite TCM films.

I've been curious to check out The Green Inferno and definitely will.

Also how was the Leatherface prequel from last year? It got pretty mixed reviews in a lot of the Horror magazines I read. I've been meaning to give it a look. I find the TCM series is pretty hit and miss for me, and I'd hope for this one to be at least among the good films.

Hey there! The most horrifying movie for me is Annabelle. I was in college when I watched the movie. I clearly remember those days as that movie nearly snatched my sleep. On top of that, I had so many gifted dolls at home, which would always remind me of Annabelle.

On top of that, I had so many gifted dolls at home, which would always remind me of Annabelle.
A bit off the subject, but if you Google "creepy antique toys", it's amazing how many terrifying objects have been marketed to kids over the years!

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...=1524328106025

A definite highlight:

For me the best has to be the excorcist, and then insidious chpter 1 comes very close

Hey there! The most horrifying movie for me is Annabelle. I was in college when I watched the movie. I clearly remember those days as that movie nearly snatched my sleep. On top of that, I had so many gifted dolls at home, which would always remind me of Annabelle.

Annabelle is only two movies so far but is part of The Conjuring series, so it counts as part of that. Look forward to the newest addition of the series, The Nun, which is due later this year.

Hatchet is another I remembered. I recently blind bought the third and fourth movies. I've only seen the first two so far. I remember finding the first one meh and thinking the second was much better. It'd be good to binge all four sometime soon. I hope 3 and 4 are as good as the second one was, at least.

Hatchet is another I remembered. I recently blind bought the third and fourth movies. I've only seen the first two so far. I remember finding the first one meh and thinking the second was much better. It'd be good to binge all four sometime soon. I hope 3 and 4 are as good as the second one was, at least.
That's good to hear. I pretty much enjoyed the first one (especially Robert Englund's cameo, as a victim, of all things), but I think I was a tad bit disappointed that it didn't live up to my standard of "Old school American horror" as well as, say, Hatchetman, which I coincidentally saw around the same time. So I'm glad to know the second one was better -- I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the first Hatchet. It had a good concept but the final product left something to be desired and something about it was just very meh to me. But the second one was much better and very entertaining. Some good kills and a better balance of humor and Horror, and it felt more like a proper slasher throwback. I enjoyed it enough that I'm willing to give 3 and 4 a look and see how they are.

I may have mentioned it before and probably did although right now I'm too lazy to look, but The Fly is another series I remembered. My favorite is actually The Fly II, although I do also love the 1986 remake it's a sequel to, and even enjoy the 1958 original. I can't remember if I ever saw Return Of The Fly, and not seen Curse Of The Fly which looks awful.

I will post back on this thread after I get married!