Best Movie In a Horror Series

Tools    

There seem to be quite a few Horror fans here, which is awesome as it's my favorite genre and I always enjoy talking about them. I think this should be a fun little questionaire to do. Of the following Horror series, which entry do you feel is the best in each? Add more series to the list if you'd like, right now I just have some of the notables listed.

---

Friday The 13th
Halloween
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Saw
Scream
Alien
Predator
Phantasm
Evil Dead
Child's Play
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
Final Destination
Paranormal Activity

---

IMO the best in each:

Friday The 13th - The Final Chapter
Halloween - 1978 Original
A Nightmare On Elm Street - New Nightmare
Saw - Saw II
Scream - Original
Alien - Aliens
Predator - Predator 2
Phantasm - Phantasm II
Evil Dead - Evil Dead II
Child's Play - Original
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2003 Remake
Hellraiser - Original
Final Destination - Original
Paranormal Activity - Original

Friday The 13th - Original (The only other one i've seen is part 6 though)
Halloween - Original (I've seen them all except the remake of part 2)
A Nightmare On Elm Street - 1 or 3 (I've seen them all)
Saw - Not seen any
Scream - Original (Seen all except 4)
Alien - Aliens (Seen them all)
Predator - Original (I've not seen Predators)
Phantasm - Not seen any
Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2 (Seen all of them)
Child's Play - Bride of Chucky (Seen all of them)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Original (Not seen 3d)
Hellraiser - Not seen any
Final Destination - 3 (Ive oonly seen 1,2 and 3)
Paranormal Activity - 1 (Only seen 1 and 2)

I've added the ones I like the most out of the whole series but put in bold the best one in the series for me.

Halloween - Adore the first Halloween film and H20.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - First, Dream Warriors, Freddy's Dead, New Nightmare are my favourites and I find the remake underrated once you get past the wasted chance of imaginative dream sequences.

Saw - See Saw Rank topic.

Scream - First one is one of my all time favourite films, the rest not up there with it but still love the whole series.

Alien - Alien, Aliens, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus - I haven't seen Alien3 in years and years so have to go back to it.

Predator - First film only.

Phantasm - Only seen the first film. Not a favourite of mine.

Evil Dead - Enjoyed Evil Dead II the most. Haven't seen the films in years but going to watch them all on Blu-ray soon.

Child's Play - Enjoyed Child's Play 2 the most but wouldn't watch them again.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - First only

Hellraiser - First only

Final Destination - Final Destination 2 and Final Destination 5.

Paranormal Activity - Not a fan.

I'm going to add a few of my own at the end of this list.
Friday The 13th - Jason Goes to Hell. It added something different to the series, and the death scenes were awesome. I haven't seen many of the Friday the 13th films, though, and I want to see the 6th.
Halloween - The Return of Michael Myers. That ending scares the living sh*t out of me.
A Nightmare On Elm Street - Freddy's Dead. A guilty pleasure, for sure. I like how it had more comedy than the others.
Saw - a toss-up between 1 and 2.
Scream - the original, which is the only one I've seen.
Alien - Aliens. Have not seen the third or fourth ones, nor do I want to.
Predator - the original.
Phantasm - the original. I haven't yet watched the third or fourth, and I'm curious to see the third.
Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2, but I love every one that they've made so far.
Child's Play - Child's Play 2. Another guilty pleasure.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I gotta go with you on the 2003 version here. It was the first of the franchise that I saw, and it had me staying up for several nights.
Hellraiser - Hellbound:Hellraiser 2. Like the last film I mentioned, this was the first one I ever saw. It was broad daylight outside, and this movie still terrified me.
Final Destination - FD2. Once again, first one that I saw.
Paranormal Activity - the original. The only other one I saw was the second, which I watched in theaters and never bothered getting on DVD. It just didn't have the same impact as the first, and I doubt that any of the sequels that followed would have.
Subspecies - Bloodstone. I bought the entire trilogy at Dollar General about a year ago, and while the first one bored me to tears I thought the second (Bloodstone) and third were pretty awesome.
Puppet Master - Toulon's Revenge. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people have cited this as their favorite of the series. Toulon's puppets were the original Inglourious Basterds. I'm also pumped for the new one they have coming out, Axis Rising.
Leprechaun - In the Hood. This is a cult favorite that a lot of people seem to like. It's the type of campy B-movie that I love.
Romero's "Dead" Series - Day of the Dead. Most would say that Dawn of the Dead is their favorite, but I love the story that this one tells. One individual tried saying that George Romero hasn't made a good movie since Dawn of the Dead, but has he even seen this freaking picture?
The Fly - Cronenberg's version. David Cronenberg adds a lot of emotional depth to the story and the way that Brundle becomes a fly is less laughable than it was in the original. However, I have to say I love every film in this series except for Curse of the Fly.

Anyway, I'm going to cut it short there. There's probably a dozen more series out there to talk about, but those are some of my favorites.

Friday The 13th - Original (The only other one i've seen is part 6 though)
Halloween - Original (I've seen them all except the remake of part 2)
A Nightmare On Elm Street - 1 or 3 (I've seen them all)
Saw - Not seen any
Scream - Original (Seen all except 4)
Alien - Aliens (Seen them all)
Predator - Original (I've not seen Predators)
Phantasm - Not seen any
Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2 (Seen all of them)
Child's Play - Bride of Chucky (Seen all of them)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Original (Not seen 3d)
Hellraiser - Not seen any
Final Destination - 3 (Ive oonly seen 1,2 and 3)
Paranormal Activity - 1 (Only seen 1 and 2)
The only one you haven't seen that I'd recommend is Predators. It's not as good as the original, but I bought it on Blu-Ray after having seen it in theaters, if that tells you anything.

Friday The 13th - the original (but I am not a really a fan)
Halloween - The original
A Nightmare On Elm Street - see Friday the 13th
Saw - The original
Scream - None
Alien - Aliens
Predator - Arnie!
Phantasm - Have not seen any of them
Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2
Child's Play - Was never really a fan
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Not a fan
Hellraiser - I barely remember them
Final Destination - Not a fan
Paranormal Activity - Have not seen any

The only one you haven't seen that I'd recommend is Predators. It's not as good as the original, but I bought it on Blu-Ray after having seen it in theaters, if that tells you anything.
I love Rodriguez as a director, and Danny Trejo vs Predators is an awesome concept, but I am sorry but Adrian Brody all jacked up and trying to do the Christian Bale Batman voice killed it. And unlike Rodriguez, I liked Predator 2!

I love Rodriguez as a director, and Danny Trejo vs Predators is an awesome concept, but I am sorry but Adrian Brody all jacked up and trying to do the Christian Bale Batman voice killed it. And unlike Rodriguez, I liked Predator 2!
Rodriguez produced that movie, and the director was Nimrod Antal. The only other movie he's made that I've seen is Vacancy, which had a great concept but just ended up underwhelming.
And I agree on Predator 2. I liked all of them except for AVPR.

Oh yes he did not direct that he was the producer. XD Anyways I do not understand his beef with Predator 2. I thought going the Urban Jungle route worked. And it is LA, lots of possibilities to be had for violence! And I thought Danny Glover was great! And Bill Paxton while on screen for only so long made his character memorable.

I am the Watcher in the Night
mmm this is a good thread because horror series' seem to go on for ever, stretching across decades!

Saw: Saw I is the best but Saw II was exceptional too...everything after is just shite!
Scream: Scream 2 is my absolute fave. Funny and gruesome!
Exorcist: the original, everything else is rubbish
Alien: the original...because that is the only movie that is actually a horror
Halloween: H2O is actually a very good movie

mmmm not sure what other horror franchises I've watched.

mmm this is a good thread because horror series' seem to go on for ever, stretching across decades!

Saw: Saw I is the best but Saw II was exceptional too...everything after is just shite!
Scream: Scream 2 is my absolute fave. Funny and gruesome!
Exorcist: the original, everything else is rubbish
Alien: the original...because that is the only movie that is actually a horror
Halloween: H2O is actually a very good movie

mmmm not sure what other horror franchises I've watched.
Since you added the Exorcist i'll say my favourite is of course te original since it's one of my favourite movies but imo Exorcist 3 was ok not great but it was a decent watch, but yeah i agree with you on the rest all terrible. Also i just realized that i said i'd seen Friday the 13th part 6, i actually meant Friday the 13th part 8 Jason Takes anhattan which was terrible imo.

Rodriguez produced that movie, and the director was Nimrod Antal. The only other movie he's made that I've seen is Vacancy, which had a great concept but just ended up underwhelming.
And I agree on Predator 2. I liked all of them except for AVPR.
Thanks for the suggestion i'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion i'll give it a shot.
Anytime.

Paranormal Activity 3 - I havent seen the first two, but if they are as good or better as No.3 they must be fantastic.

The first two Friday the 13th movies - the rest were just poor imitations of the first two, altho the one about Jason in space wasnt bad.

Alien and Aliens. The rest were crap.

Some of the Frankenstein movies, most were bad but there were a few good to excellent ones. My personal favorite is The Bride of Frankenstein.

Predator and Predator 2. Predator Vs. Alien was just plain silly.

To be honest, I have only watched Paranormal Activity & Final Destination.

As odd as it may seem, I really enjoyed PA 2, while everybody else (or the majority) thought it was the worth of the series. Really don't know why I liked it so much, but I did anyways.

As for Final Destination, I liked the third one the most, maybe because it was the first one I saw (sometimes it helps hehe)

I should seriously give the other series a go though.

To be honest, I have only watched Paranormal Activity & Final Destination.

As odd as it may seem, I really enjoyed PA 2, while everybody else (or the majority) thought it was the worth of the series. Really don't know why I liked it so much, but I did anyways.

As for Final Destination, I liked the third one the most, maybe because it was the first one I saw (sometimes it helps hehe)

I should seriously give the other series a go though.
You liked the third one the most because it was the best one

Aha, now that I think about it, I must admit that I was disappointed with the actors who played in the first movie, and the ending in the second movie really deceived me. The fourth one was a complete flop, and although I liked the one that came out in theaters not so long ago, I think that the 3rd one was better, don't really know why to be honest. It kind of gave me a fear of roller coasters though, which is a good thing movie-wise, I guess

I am the Watcher in the Night
ohhh I totally forgot about Final Destination, I do enjoy the odd slasher flick so I liked all of the movies but the original sticks in my mind as the best.

Scream
The Woman in Black
Final Destination

Oh, I totally forgot Scream. The first one was the best for me, although I quite liked the fourth one aswell. I've heard they are planning to make a fifth installment, so we'll have to wait and see