Saw 2

Tools    

I've seen a trailer for this movie at the theaters the other day and I thought it didn't look that good and I've read reviews.

At long last, a horror film that outlives the original!!!

I enjoyed the first one, like the trailer of this second one, however our local paper gave it a c- rating. But then again, it gave "Stay" a B rating and I thought that film stunk up the house.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
don't listen to critics. listen to the people!!! also, listen to Eyes!!! how right he is!!! this movie is sick, twisted, and above all, better than the first!!!

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
So, who saw Saw?
Hopefully, if all goes well, i should be seeing it roughly in 2 hours or so.

I saw it today and it was wayyyyyyy better than the first one...im not going to comment on it much I will leave that for others.

WARNING: "Saw 2" spoilers below
Ok, I saw this last night.

If you enjoyed Saw then you'll enjoy Saw 2 perhaps just a little less.
This film is just as disturbing as the first if not more with the same utter disrespect for the audience's stomach. And as usual, it is consistent with the word "twist" as the first film. It does try too much at imitating the first Saw and that is where it left it's originality too. I just think they could have come up with some better predicaments they would get themselves into if they did not "obey" the rules.
The acting was much better this go around but that alone doesn't mean it will automatically be the better film. You see, the first one to me, had this mystery of who this character was, along with how these guys are gonna get themselves out of the mess they were in. With this one, we already know much more about "Jigsaw" so we are just trying figure out how these guys are gonna get out of the mess along with the anticipating twist, some of us did not look for in the first.
There were also a couple of scenes as usual I never felt comfortable with as my analytical brain went to work. I could somehow make amends for them if I really tried but I would prefer not to do that. Nevertheless, don't get me wrong and think I didn't enjoy it cause I did and will definitely buy it when it comes out on dvd.

SAW 2 7/10

The accusations fly
I liked the first one and I recommend that people definately see the second one.

Saw 2, as said, will definitely appeal to fans of the original, though lacks originality. If anyone's seen the far superior Cube- think that with crossed with Saw and bad acting. I guessed most the twists, which are quite clear for anyone with their eyes open. I was a bit disappointed how the deaths become less and less enjoyable, and was hoping for more gruesome moments. The twist was acceptable and the plot wasn't really anything special. That said, it was enjoyable with some nice moments, a lot better than i anticipated.

Saw II was very fun to watch at the movie theatre this past weekend. I think I like it more than the original, which I have only seen once.

I've been reading some of the boards on IMDB, and people there don't seem to understand it. Was it that complicated or are they all 'tards?

Thinking about it, while not as fresh and ingenious as the original, i reckon this one may actaully be a bit better.

This i got to see.I really loved the first one ,however I just dont know how theyll be able to top the original.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by tamica23
This i got to see.I really loved the first one ,however I just dont know how theyll be able to top the original.
Perhaps having people who can act, or having the people who can act not be mis-cast. Elwes was just not the man for the roll of the doctor, and the guy who played Adam was TERRIBLE. One of the worst performances I have seen in a long time. Was he reading cue cards or something? Glover was also miscast, and his character was poorly developed and useless. That said, I did like a lot of the compositions and the set design in the first film, and I am a horror fan, so I will check out part II when it hits DVD.

Donnie Wahlberg was pretty poor in Saw 2, but i thought the performances we're a lot better. The film was a lot more cohesive but still lacked a decent script to develop characters well. I woulda said see it at the cinema for Halloween, but it's a bit late now, though i still recommend it, second best horror this year after The Descent.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Saw 2 lived up to what I expected to see and outdid the original.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Good movie but could have been more like the original in terms of setup and suspense.

EDIT:

found this on IMDB a possible plot for the third movie

hello michael jackson,

for years you have been playing games with 9 year olds, leaving them with haunting memories, now its ur turn to suffer.

in this room there is a radiator embedded in the walls around. you have to sing and dance thriller at the level of 650 decibels and smash the window in front of you and grabt the frozen peas, then you have to dance around in that silly little mask with feathers on (that you make ur kids wear)for and hour and the door will open. if you dont, the radiators will heat up to their top temperature (50 degrees C) and slowly melt ur features away. if you get out in one piece, u have to rename yourself to prince molestering michael the 3rd.

if you dont do this ill be well cross and die an unhappy man.

get to it mofo.

oh and i forgot to tell you, i cut ur knakers off for the hell of it.